Friday, August 16, 2024

Pop-Up Panel Card for Creative Creases #89

It's time for the start of a new challenge over at the Creative Creases Challenge blog! Hooray! Hope you can join in with a fun-fold project! Here's the link to share your projects with us: https://wp.me/p4bS0N-bUJ

The idea for my Guest Design card this time came from Iced Images in a video here: ðŸ”´ 5" x 7" Gatefold Pop-Up Panel Card | Livestream (youtube.com). I love to try new folds, and this pop-up panel card was a fun project! It's actually quite simple to make, and I plan to create a cut file in my Silhouette Design Studio software so I can make multiples for the group of homebound members of my church I send cards to regularly. I think they would enjoy the surprise inside, and this design can be used with any theme.

I chose a fall theme because I'm going to include this card in my next package to my daughter who is currently deployed on an aircraft carrier. It generally takes about a month for a package to make it to her, so it will be fall by the time she receives the package I plan to send next week. I've been busy making and freeze-drying meals for her so she can have some homecooked meals and healthy snacks while deployed, and I have sent out 5 packages already even though she's only been gone a month😂! I know the other moms out there understand! There's not a lot I can do for her while she's away, but I can pray for her, email her every morning with news of what's happening back home, and cook for her now that we have a freeze dryer. 

After watching the video on how to make this card, I chose some fall-themed papers and coordinating cardstock and got busy with my paper trimmer. This card is quite easy really, it just looks hard because of all the layers/pop-ups, but it's really just about trimming the papers to the correct size and knowing where to put the glue! I followed along with the assembly part of the video for all the layers that just had pattern papers, and then I did some stamping for the side and front layers. I used a few different retired SU! sets: Gathered Wheat, Fond of Autumn, and Autumn Goodness. I also added a sparkly burgundy bow using some metallic thread and adhered 3 gold Open Leaf Trinkets (also from SU!) to finish the card. The double-sided paper I used for the card base has great designs on both sides, so I didn't add anything to the front gatefold sections or the back. The brown side that is on the inside of the card actually has the words: grateful, thankful, blessed printed in tiny script. I have added a close up of the text in my photos of the card. I'm going to include a notecard with my message for my daughter, but in the video I watched, Louise added a white card layer for the sentiment to the back of the card she made. 


Here's a look at the card when fully open:

When the card is closed:

When the card is partially open:


Side view: 


Back of the card:


A look at the pattern paper with the "thankful, grateful, blessed" pattern:


The "Golden leaves, chilly air, autumn beauty everywhere" sentiment and haystack image are from SU!'s Autumn Goodness, and I used a stamp from SU!'s Gathered Wheat set to create some texture by stamping the little spots using a tone-on-tone look:


"Thankful for you" sentiment from SU!'s Autumn Goodness and wheat stalk from SU!'s Gathered Wheat: 


"All good things come from above" sentiment from SU!'s Autumn Goodness. The acorn and leaf I stamped behind the sentiment are from SU!'s Fond of Autumn: 


The pop-ups fold up to flatten the card for mailing:


Challenges I'm entering: 

Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): Fall Harvest (ends 8/18/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Add a sentiment (1/5; ends 8/21/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/10; ends 8/28/24)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends 8/21/24)

Retro rubber challenge blog: Tic Tac Toe:  last column vertically: Pattern paper, ribbon, and your choice. The stamps I used are: SU! Autumn Goodness (2020), SU! Fond of Autumn (2022) and a rubber stamp from SU!'s Gathered Wheat (2022)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): Diamonds, gold and/or pearls or ATG (I used gold leaf trinkets) (ends at the end of the month)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends 8/19/24) C10

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Sparkle and Shine (I used metallic ribbon and gold leaf trinkets) (2/5; ends 19/24)

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): Photo inspiration (My card has some pattern paper in the front that has apples on it like the apples in the photo) (1/8; ends at the end of the month)


613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG or twist of Easy Living (ends at the end of the month) Top Rocker August 11-17, 2024

No more challenges. 

22 comments:

  1. WOW! Carrie, this fun fold is so cool! I love all of the different spots to add patterned paper and sentiments. I'm sure your daughter will love it. Thanks for being our guest designer and we appreciate your support to keep our challenge inspiring to our followers. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "WOW" fun fold card this is! I love all the fun elements you've incorporated - this one has a surprise everywhere you look! Thanks for sharing it with us as a guest Designer at Creative Creases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fancy fold! I love the Autumn theme and your daughter will love being able to display her card in her private space. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We hope you'll share more lovely cards soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, you always have the best seasonal cards. Love all of these warm colors and your daughter will love them too. She's a lucky girl to have a mom like you.
    Thank you for being our guest designer for Creative Creases #89
    All the best!
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks, Rae! I was just thinking how grateful I am to be her mom!

      Delete
  5. Wow, how unique and unusual. Great design, I love it. Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D. I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Thanks for sharing it at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is incredible!! How long did it take to make? What a wonderful mom you are - freeze drying your daughters meals, I bet she appreciates that. I love aircraft carriers, I am totally obsessed with US Naval History! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Claire! It was easier to make than it looks. I just crafted along with the video I linked and paused it when I needed to trim my papers. That’s so interesting that you enjoy US Naval history!

      Delete
  9. Love that fall vibes. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing fun fold card. The recipient will treasure the effort to create such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us a Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there anywhere I can get the instructions for this card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I posted it in the second paragraph of my blog post. Just follow the link to the Iced Images video for instructions.

      Delete