Friday, August 30, 2024

Hope in the Lord Fun Fold for Creative Creases #90

It's time for a new challenge on the Creative Creases Challenge blog, and I'm honored to be a guest designer again. Hope you can join us with your fun fold projects! Here's the link: https://wp.me/p4bS0N-bWp

For my fun fold card today, I wanted to do another card for my youngest daughter who is currently deployed in the Middle East. I like to include special cards in all the packages I send her. So far I've sent 8 packages and am working on package number 9 this week. 

For the card design, I followed the instructions from an Altenew YouTube short here: Part 2 of unique card folds you can try! (youtube.com). I used Altenew's Craft-A-Flower: Butterfly Bush layering die set for the front of the card. I die cut the layers out of some watercolor papers I had colored with sprays and watercolors. Then I die cut the layers a second time out of pink fun foam and adhered everything together. I die cut a stem using some watercolor cardstock I had watercolored with distress inks. 

The verse on the front of the card comes from Word Art Wednesday here: Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes - Weeks #655-656. I imported it to my Silhouette Design Studio software, sized it up, changed the color to pink, and did a print and cut of it. 

For the inside of the card, I did some tone-on-tone stamping using SU!'s retired Butterfly Brilliance stamp on a die cut panel. Butterfly Brilliance is my favorite butterfly-themed stamp and die set, and I use it frequently! Once I had stamped the background onto the panel, I added the "love and hugs" sentiment from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Always Sunshine set and adhered the panel to the inside of the card, taking card to line it up inside the framed area. I added a few pink translucent drops to embellish the panel. 

For the back of the card, I added a blue die cut rectangle and then die cut a yellow rectangle that I stamped the Butterfly Brilliance background onto using tone-on-tone stamping again. Then I die cut a small square and stamped the "You are cherished" sentiment from Altenew's Bold Bouquet. 

I want to add a link to my friend Debbie Mageed's list of retired Stampin' Up products here, too. Take a look because she's offering great deals on lovely bundles: My 2024 Secret Sale - Google Docs




Side view:


Back of the card:


Top view:


Inside the card:


Challenges I'm entering: 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/10; ends 9/12/24)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with the optional twist of Summer Vacation (3/4; ends at the end of the month)


Crafty Gals Corner (craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com): ATG with twist of use an embossing folder (2/3; ends 9/9/24)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist of diamonds, gold, and pearls (ends at the end of the month)



Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (3/6; ends 9/12/24)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with a twist of easy living (ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges. 


 

14 comments:

  1. Carrie, this card is gorgeous! And, guess what, I think I saw that short and wanted to view it again later and couldn't find it! So, thanks for posting the link!! As always, we love having you as our guest designer at Creative Creases and always appreciate your support to our challenge. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Wow... Absolutely gorgeous. Love all the layers and textures.
    Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing fold and dimensional Floral! Thanks for playing at The Beautiful Blossoms and Paper Funday Challenges. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, first let me say how lucky your daughter is.
    That blossom is absolutely beautiful! The fold showcases it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun fold! You executed it beautifully! Thanks for a fun submission to our challenge at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Carrie. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and fold - very impressive!

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete