Sunday, August 18, 2024

Colossians Verses Flourishing Garden Cards

I needed a couple cards for my 2 friends who co-led a Bible study on Colossians this summer. I really enjoyed our time of worship music, fellowship, and Bible study and am so grateful they took the time to coordinate and teach the study. 

For the two cards I made, I decided to use a set I've been playing with recently from Altenew. It's their Craft-Your-Life: Flourishing Garden set, and the floral stamp is large enough to wrap around a mini slimline card to decorate the back as well as the front. There's a coordinating die for this set, and I die cut it twice. Then I stamped the floral focal point in black pigment ink and embossed it with clear powder for the first card and then stamped the image in dark pink dye ink for the second card. Then I used the coordinating stencils in the set to color the flowers and leaves on both die cuts. For the first card, I decided to use a black background on a blue card base, and I took a black Ohuhu alcohol ink marker and colored in the white edge all around the die cut image. This took longer than I had thought it would, but I do like the look. For the second card, I chose a light purple background on a pink card base and left the white edge around the floral focal point. 

For the first card, I chose scripture word art of Colossians 3:12 because the friend who taught on that passage did such a wonderful job explaining about the imagery of "bowels" in Greek and how that was like what we would call the "heart" in our culture. We all had a laugh about that terminology, so when I saw that Word Art Wednesday had done a beautiful word art of that verse, I knew I had to use it for Kelly's card! If you'd like the free word art, here's the link:  Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes - Weeks #653-654. The verse reads: Put on therefore, as the elect of God, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering. I added a few gold sequins for a little shine. 

For the second card, I decided to put the "thank you" on the front and a different verse on the inside (one that Heather had taught on), and I stamped the sentiment (from Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Grand Carnations) in VersaMark embossing ink and heat embossed it with Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder. I die cut it with the coordinating die and then die cut the same die using pink fun foam and adhered the sentiment to the foam for dimension. 

For the inside of the first card, I stamped the floral image again onto pink cardstock using black ink on one side of the card and then stamped the "thank you" sentiment onto pink cardstock for the other side. 

For the inside of the second card. I used free word art of Colossians 2:6-7 found here: The beautiful word art of Colossians 2: 6-7 is free at this website: 4 Free Scripture Cards - Mommin' From Scratch (momminfromscratch.com). After sizing the free file up in my Silhouette Design Studio software, I did a print and cut of it on white cardstock. The verse reads: As you therefore received Christ Jesus, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. I added the verse to a panel of gold cardstock I had embossed with the 3D embossing folder that comes in the Flourishing Garden set and adhered that to the left side of the inside of the card. I then used the same embossing folder to emboss a piece of white cardstock and adhered that to the right side of the card. 


Card #1 view of the front and back:


Card #1 inside view:


Card #2 view of the front and back:


Card #2 inside view:


Close up of the sentiment:



Challenges I'm entering: 

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (2/6; ends 9/12/24)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): Easy living or ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Stamping Sensations: Summer in the Garden (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: Focal sentiment or quote or ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month) Top 3 Pick for August

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Add a sentiment (3/5; ends 8/21/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/10; ends 8/28/24)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): Diamonds, gold and/or pearls or ATG (I used gold sequins on the first card and gold emobssing on the thank you sentiment on the second card) (ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Sparkle and Shine (I used gold sequins on the first card and gold embossing powder on the sentiment of the second card) (4/5; ends 8/19/24)

Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with birds, blooms and/or butterflies (ends at the end of the month)

fourseasons (thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com): Summer (ends at the end of the month)

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (ends 8/23/24)

Allsorts challenge blog: Summer Days or ATG (3/3; ends 8/23/24)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (8/24/24)

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge ...: ATG (1/3; ends 8/25/24)





 

20 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all you encouragement on my entries, Chana!

      Delete
  2. BEAUTIFUL cards ... fabulous wrap around design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and love the wrap round design too. Thanks for taking part at We Love Stamping challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and WLS challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely coloured flower card. I love your colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beatuiful cards. Love all the flowers on both of them. Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great idea to wrap those large floral images from front to back. Thanks for the idea, which I'll have to CASE. Beautiful cards Carrie, Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenges
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Donna! Those large stamps work so well for that technique!

      Delete
  8. These are lovely! Having flowers front, back, and inside is a great idea. Thanks for posting at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Carrie. Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Your art is always such a blessing to me and I appreciate you SO much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karen! I use the Word Art from WAW so often in my cards! I'm so grateful for that resource!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful cards. Love the wrap from front to back. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete