Tuesday, July 30, 2024

You're Incredible Southern Magnolia Card

Recently I needed a card for a special woman who made all the pies for my daughter's wedding. Pam not only made all the pies for free, but she also helped with set up and clean up for the wedding. She's like a second mom to my son-in-law and was just a joy to get to know as we worked together on wedding stuff. 

To make Pam's card, I decided to use the colors in Altenew's monthly challenge because I just love the combination this month so much! I recently purchased Altenew's Craft-A-Flower: Southern Magnolia set, and I die cut the leaves and flower centers out of some yellow card stock I had colored with a shimmer spray. Then I die cut the flower petals out Yuppo paper I had used a few shades of pink alcohol inks on. I assembled the flowers and used some foam tape for dimension in a few layers.

For the background, I trimmed some paper I had done some ink smooshing and spraying on with shades of orange to fit an A2 card base, and then I embossed the panel using Altenew's Garden Harmony embossing folder. Then I did a little tone-on-tone taco stamping with a rubber stamp that has French script on it. I think if I try that again I will use a darker shade of ink because it's barely visible, but there's already a lot going on here, so it's ok that the script is subtle.
 
To finish the card, I stamped "You're incredible" from Altenew's Paint-A-Flower: China Rose and fussy cut it then adhered it with foam tape. 








Challenges I'm entering:




****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): Flowers (2/3; ends 8/4/24) C10

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder (optional twist of things with wings) (2/3; ends 8/9/24)

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (ends 8/9/24)

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - Inspiring creativity 8-ways each week: Middle row vertical: Die cuts, free, any sentiment


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for week 2; ends 7/31/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Beautiful Blooms (2/5; ends 7/31/24)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (ends 8/12/24)

No more challenges. 
 

12 comments:

  1. I like the nice colors of your card and the great diecuts of the flowers
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovley card, Carrie- wonderful color combo - so pleased to see your cards in our TTC Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, these are stunning! I love all of the texture and umph this card has. Thank you so much for sharing these with us at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous, dimensional Magnolia and the perfect colors. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we look forward to seeing you again this month!
    Donna xx
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenges
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Pip challenges.

    ReplyDelete