Saturday, October 1, 2022

Friendship Card


The challenge theme at The Funkie Junkie Boutique this time is "Friendship." I'm so grateful for the wonderful Christian friends the Lord has given me over the years, and I've had fun creating some special cards to thank my friends for their prayers and encouragement.

The card base for this card is 5X7, and I cut out a layer using some pink vellum with roses on it as a background. I then die cut a Spellbinders die with white cardstock and ran it through again to emboss it. I die cut a fun floral pattern die in pink using a die from SU!'s Fond of Autumn bundle. I used a Just Rite Stamp's stamp and die set for the jar, bow on the jar, and the flowers. I had to arrange the flowers a bit wonky because the die cut tore a bit on the top right and I wanted to cover it. No point wasting such a pretty die cut, right? 




Close up of the Spellbinder's and SU! die details:


Challenges I'm entering: 

Creations in Pink: ATG in mainly pink (3/3; ends October 15)


 TFJB Challenge Blog (frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com): Friendship (2nd entry; ends 10/4)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Emboss it (the Spellbinders label die was embossed after I die cut it) (3/5; ends October 3)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (2/5; ends October 5)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for this week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends October 12)

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: September Challenge | Hero Arts: Use a die (ends October 2)

Sweet Stampers Challenge: Add a sentiment (4/5; ends 10/8)

Twisted Thursday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com): ATG with a twist of 

                                                                1 RIBBON

 2 WORD SENTIMENT

3 LAYERS or MORE! 

(My card has a ribbon die cut for the top of the jar, a sentiment, and more than 3 layers)


4 comments:

  1. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever coverup; no one would’ve guessed it unless you told about it!!
    Very BEAUTIFUL card and any of your church buds would love to have this! Our church (not really “ours” since it belongs to The LORD) is our family, and we are so blessed to have them! We have such a large group of Besties we spend as much time together as we can- not just at Worship Services and BIBLE Studies. GOD is so good!! I’m missing mine while out of state helping with our newest Grandbaby, and it lifts me up to read about someone else thinking about their Church Family; so I thank you for that!
    Thanks so very much for sharing with us and playing along with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganz super gemacht. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete