Friday, October 28, 2022

GD Card for Creative Creases: Diagonal Easel Card

One of my favorite card challeges is Creative Creases, where it's always anything goes with a fun fold. I love to make fun fold cards and find loads of inspiration there! Today I have the honor of being the GD for Challenge # 44. Here's a link to the challenge website if you'd like to play along or just find great ideas for fun fold cards: Creative Creases Challenge Archives - Secrets to Stamping (secretstamper.com)

The design for my diagonal easel card comes from Connie Stewart at simplysimplestamping.com. She very kindly provides a pdf with pictures and measurements for the various cards she makes, and although I altered the size of the card and created a cut file in my Silhouette Studio software, the basic idea is found here: Diagonal-Easel-Card-10-18-22.pdf (simplysimplestamping.com)

I decided I wanted to be able to create 2 cards using one sheet of 12X12 paper, so I used the Silhouette Design software to decrease the size of the original measurements until I could fit two card bases and two sets of triangles and rectangles needed to make the two cards on one 12X12 mat. 

I wanted to play with my new Stampin' Up! Christmas stamps and dies from the Merriest Moments and Merriest Frames sets. All the stamps I used on the card come from the Merriest Moments set, and all the dies except the one I cut the sentiment out with (that's an old Spellbinder die) come from the Merriest Frames set. You can find more details about these sets if you visit the Creative Creases challenge and follow the links Debbie Mageed includes on her blog. I've only scratched the surface with this set as there's also a beautiful hybrid embossing folder set that pairs with dies in the set for lots of versatility.

I added some cream-colored ribbon with a small knot to the top left corner and made a row of flowers and pearls to follow the diagonal line of that quadrant. I added foam tape to the "Joy" sentiment and the sprig beside it. The poinsettias have ruby gems at their centers for a little sparkle, too. 

Here are some views of the card from different angles: 












Challenges I'm entering: 


Songs and Rhymes challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-sunday.blogspot.com): The part of the poem I took inspiration from is the "how lovely are thy branches" (I have pine boughs on the front and the inside of the card)


October Mood Board Card Challenge (not2shabbyshop.com): Mood board: Christmas plaid from the mood board

Dream Valley Challenges: Pearls or gems (I used both) (C10)


As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Christmas image or animal: Poinsettias like Wilma on the DT! I just love the beauty of poinsettias and how festive they look! (1/3; ends Nov. 9)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (2/5)

BYSH Cardmakers: Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party

Through The Craft Room Door (ttcrd.blogspot.com): ATG (4/4; ends Nov. 8)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges**********: PIP Challenge 2243 (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (3/3; ends Oct. 31) C10


9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card design and lovely poinsettias. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful holiday fun fold card, Carrie! You have really showcased this great bundle and I'm sure whoever receives it will love it. Thank you so much for being a guest designer over at Creative Creases. The DT love seeing your amazing cards in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun fold card! Pretty papers and details! The poinsettias and greenery are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The easel card is so unique and fun as well as beautiful. I have to look into that style more to try it. And the 2nd card is just as lovely; love plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thank you for joining Sunday Songs & Rhymes. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and unique, Carrie! Thanks so much for playing along with the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool design! Thanks for entering the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun card! thanks for entering the stay crafty challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. I'll be trying this one soon! Thank you for being our Guest Designer too,

    ReplyDelete