Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Sympathy Cards

My task today was to complete 3 sympathy cards for 3 sisters from my church whose mom just passed away last week at the age of 99. I'm on the Board of Missions and Evangelism at my church, and each month we send out cards to the people on our church's prayer list. There's another member of the board who also loves to make cards, so between the two of us, we can generally send out handmade cards each month. I do keep a stash of inspirational cards for various occasions that I purchase at the Dollar Store to have on hand just in case we need them though! 

I've been playing with my new Enchanted layering die set from Birch Press this week. I spent awhile die cutting the various papers I wanted to use a little while ago, so today I only needed to work on my layouts and the best way to adhere all the layers. In the future I will save the glitter cardstock for the top layer only as it's more challenging to adhere the other layers to it (they don't want to stick to the uneven surface of the glitter cardstock). It does give a nice sparkle to the card though. 

For this design, I used an old rubber stamp from Our Daily Bread and stamped that on a die cut Gina Marie stitched circles die that I had trimmed to fit the opening on the Enchanted dies. I saved a few of the floral pieces from when I die cut the layers, so I added them to the sentiment panel. One card opens on the left and the other is a top fold card, but both are A2 size. 






Challenges I'm entering: 

Tuesday Color challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-tuesday.blogspot.com): Blue, burgundy, and yellow

Outlawz Challenges: Monthly linky

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for this week; 6/10 for the challenge period; ends October 12)

The Corrosive Challenge Blog!! (corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com): ATG (2/4; ends Nov. 5)


1 comment:

  1. OMGosh your card is amazing, I love the colours you chose. Thanks for joining the Outlawz Colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete