Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Revelation 21:4 Front Flap Cards

This past week I had the sad experience of attending the funeral of a beautiful 10-year-old girl who had been in my Bible Study Fellowship Student Program class a few years ago. I wanted to make a special sympathy card for the family and focus on the truth that one day, God will wipe every tear from our eyes and there will be no more mourning or crying or pain (Revelation 21:4). How that verse comforts me in times of great sorrow and anguish when despair threatens to swallow me whole! I am thankful that Cait knew Jesus from a young age and put her faith in Him for her salvation. She is in heaven now, and I know she's filled with unimaginable joy in the presence of the Lord. It's just so painful to see her family's grief and to know they will always miss Cait until they are reunited with her in heaven one day. I'm asking the Lord daily to comfort them and strengthen them and prove His grace is sufficient in their time of great need.

I chose a front flap card for the card design and created a cut file for the card using my Silhouette Design Studio software. The idea for the card came from Karen Titus' blog post here: https://karentitus.com/front-flip-cards-easy-fun-fold-cards-to-make/. I modified the sizing to accommodate the Heavenly Hollyhocks stamp and die set I wanted to use for the front flap. 

I used an old rubber stamp by Our Daily Bread for the "With Sympathy" sentiment and used Stampin' Up!'s Heavenly Hollyhocks stamps and dies for the other stamps and die cuts. I created the word art of Revelation 21:4 in my Silhouette Design Studio software using Falcon and Cremona fonts.

I decided to use the same design minus the "With Sympathy" sentiment for the shut ins I send cards to as Revelation 21:4 is such a wonderful promise for all believers to remember.










Challenges I'm entering: 



Word Art Wednesday: ATG (ends October 26)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with twist of ribbon or twine (2/3; ends on 10/26)









5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning sympathy card, Carrie! This fun fold is one of my favorites and is so pretty with the Hollyhocks bundle. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card.. I just made a card this style few weeks ago.. I love it. I love your choice of images. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, thoughtful card Carrie. Love the color combo you used. Thank you for challenging yourself with Creative Creases #43.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, I totally agree with your theology and it's a beautiful card. I am so sorry for such a loss. Thank you for sharing at Creative Creases #43.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous... Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles digi chooseday! Dt Martine

    ReplyDelete