Sunday, October 30, 2022

Pop Up Book Cards

I love fun fold cards, and when I saw this design in a FB group, I immediately checked out the instructions for it on Lisa Curcio's blog and created a Silhouette Design Studio cut file for it. If you'd like to find some inspiration for fun folds, check out her blog here: Blog - Lisa's Stamp Studio (lisasstampstudio.com). I'm already working on converting another one of her fun folds into a Silhouette Studio cut file and will undoubtedly find several more to try. 

I had some pretty fall papers I wanted to use, and this card design is great for that! I made one thank you card for a friend and 3 thinking of you cards for some hospice patients my cousin visits weekly who will hopefully enjoy a lovely seasonal card. 

The sentiments are from Stampin' Up! sets: "thank you" is from Fond of Autumn and "thinking of you" is from Ringed with Nature. The die I used to cut out the sentiments is from the Potted Geranium bundle. I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiments. It's great to be able to restamp in the same place, especially when using textured paper like I used here that sometimes doesn't get a clear impression the first time. 

Inside the cards, I embossed a panel using Paper Studio's leaves EF for the thinking of you cards and then used a die from SU!'s Fond of Autumn in the thank you card. All 4 cards have chipboard sentiments on the panel I left blank for a message. 




















Challenges I'm entering: 

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with embossing (twist of pumpkins) 

TIME OUT Challenges: Thankful (one of the cards is a thank you card) C5 (ends Nov. 1)

Anything Goes With A Fun Fold for Creative Creases #44 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold

InspirationStation (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): Pumpkin photo inspired the use of these pumpkin design papers

Through The Craft Room Door (ttcrd.blogspot.com): ATG (4/4; ends Nov. 8)

5 comments:

  1. What a great design of your card! I like the DP and the beautiful e,bossing.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely card design. I watch Lisa's You Tube channel sometimes and she is very creative. Thanks for playing along with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge!
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challene
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Carrie, your book card is just wonderful and love the papers! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful card for that extra bit of love that won't fit on an ordinary card. Thank you for sharing to Creative Creases Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful one. Thank you for participating at inspiration station blog challenge

    ReplyDelete