Monday, October 24, 2022

Ringed with Nature Get Well Card

 

This card is for my daughter-in-law's father who is struggling with some health concerns right now. I wanted to make something masculine, so I turned to the Stampin' Up Ringed With Nature stamp and die bundle. What really sold me on this set was the hybrid embossing folder that can be used with matching dies. So cool! Plus, I needed something that could be a good go-to for masculine cards since I tend to gravitate toward feminine, flowery stamps and dies. I'm probably not the only card maker with this problem😂!

I created the card base for this A2 card using a light tan card stock. I embossed a darker brown panel for the front of the card and die cut one of the tree rings to make an aperture for the "Get well soon" sentiment. Before adhering the embossed panel to the front of the card, I used a stencil and some distress ink to decorate the front of the card base. Then I stamped the sentiment where I wanted it and adhered the embossed panel. I die cut some mushrooms and an acorn using the same Ringed with Nature dies from the bundle and adhered them. It was a quick and easy card to make. 



This is the stencil and distress ink I used: 


Here's a look at the embossing folder and some of the dies from the set: 

Challenges I'm entering: 

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: use at least one circle (I'm hoping the tree stumps count as they are not perfect circles but are still circular in shape); Thing 3: fall theme (I used fall colors and added an acorn)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (ends 10/30) C10

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com) (ends at the end of the month)

Allsorts challenge blog: Colors of Autumn

Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with Dies

Happy Little Stampers: Stencil Challenge

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge (1/2; ends Nov. 3)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge (1/2; ends October 31)

Festive Friday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-friday.blogspot.com): Christmas or ATG (3/3; ends 10/27)

9 comments:

  1. This is such a great card, Carrie! Love the rings of trees and the stencilled sentiment! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great masculine card design! Love the addition of stenciling behind the sentiment!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique die and folder set, love your creativity and the imperfect circles certainly qualify for the Thing 1 requirement at Double Trouble. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's a fabulous embossing folder, one for my wish list I think. Great card and perfect for our Autumn Colours theme at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card, love the embossed background and your stenciling and opening for the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with that "new to me" die set!! Wonderful, wonderful card. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS Die challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card. Love the embossing folder you used and the image you put inside. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful, I like this embossing effect! Thanks for sharing at DigiChoosday! Christin

    ReplyDelete