Thursday, October 26, 2023

Altenew Birthday Card

I've been having fun playing with Altenew's Bewitching Rose Craft Your Life set that comes with a stamp set, coordinating die for the floral focal piece, 3D embossing folder, and 4-piece stencil set. This is such a great set in terms of versatility. I will be posting several cards I made using different elements in the set, but for this card, I die cut a piece of orange and pink ombré cardstock and then placed it in the embossing folder. (I die cut it first so I wouldn't lose any of the lovely embossed details. It was easy to line it up inside the embossing folder before running it through my eBosser.) 

Then I stamped "birthday wishes" from the same set using red ink, fussy cut it, and adhered it to the floral focal piece using foam tape. I used a 5X7 white card base for this card and added a 5X7 white card panel on which I blended red ink on all four sides. Then I adhered a piece of 4 7/8 X 6 7/8 woodgrain patter paper to the red-edged panel and finally arranged my floral focal point how I wanted it and added it to the woodgrain panel. This was a quick card to make, but I really love the look of the 3D embossed florals. I normally wouldn't think to put orange and pink with red, but I think I like that combination (it's from Altenew's challenge board). That's something I enjoy about card challenges: they encourage me to try new ideas/techniques and to use what I have in my stash. 




Close up of the embossing details:






 Challenges I'm entering:


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Allsorts challenge blog: Fall colors or ATG (3/3; ends 10/26/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 11/8/23)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Doodle Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (3/5; ends at the end of the month)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends 11/1/23) Random winner 11/4/23

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focal point with optional mood board: (2/6; ends 11/12/23)

14 comments:

  1. A pretty design and lovely embossed focal element. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, thanks for joining us at A Place to Start for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous and larger than life Rose! Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and sharing your lovely card with us.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning card Carrie! Thanks for sharing it over at Word Art Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrie! I LOVE the card you made inspired by my photo! Thank you so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking another beautiful creation to Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete