Friday, October 13, 2023

Embossed Christmas Card For Creative Creases

It's time for another fun challenge over at Creative Creases, and my GD card this time is a Christmas card that features a fun fold as well as dry and wet embossing. When I designed this card, I was thinking it might be the prototype for the 250 Christmas cards I make for my mom each year, but it was just too time-consuming to mass produce. This year it took me 4 different card designs before I finally landed on a design that I liked and that felt possible to mass produce in time for Christmas😂, but thankfully I enjoyed the process. I'll show the card design I ended up with in another blog post, but let's talk about this card now. And if you'd like to join the fun over at Creative Creases, it's always anything goes with a fun fold! Here's the link to the current challenge: Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #68 (secretstamper.com)

I wanted a 5X7 card, so I cut a piece of white card stock 7X11 and scored it at 2 inches, 3 1/2 inches, 
7 1/2 inches, and 9 inches. Then I cut some red and green card stock for the panels and used Altenew's Perfect Poinsettias 3D embossing folder for the red panels and Cuttlebug's Holly Ribbons for the green ones. 

For the focal point, I die cut and embossed it using SU!'s retired Merriest Moments hybrid embossing folder and dies using green card stock for the larger piece and white card stock for the sentiment panel inside the larger piece. I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark ink and used Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder to heat emboss it. I added some gold glitter gems for embellishments and then I die cut a Taylored Expression nativity die and cut it to fit the bottoms of the three red panels of the card. 

Thanks for stopping by, and please be sure to join us at Creative Creases soon! 








The card folds flat:



Top view:



Challenges I'm entering: 
 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (ends 10/25/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Christmas (1/5 ends 10/18/23)

ABC Christmas Challenge: U for Use it Up and V for Vertical (I used up some white card stock for the nativity die cut and the sentiment is and focal point are in portrait (vertical) orientation. (ends 11/4/23)

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Layers (I layered the sentiment die cut on the green focal point die cut) (1/4; ends at the end of the month)

Doodle Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Most Magical Time of the Year!: ATG Christmas or Halloween (ends 10/27/23)



613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with autumn colors as the optional twist (ends at the end of the month)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Create your own background (I embossed my background panels) (1/4; ends 10/15/23)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (ends 10/20/23)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month) DT Favorite Winner 11/28/23

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends 11/14/23) Highly Commended Winner 11/15/23

Creative Inspiration Challenges:ATG (2/2; ends 10/26/23)

October Mood Board Card Challenge with Card Sketch (not2shabbyshop.com): I chose the Christmas theme and the red and green colors from the mood board:

31 comments:

  1. Wow, Carrie, this holiday card is gorgeous!! It has everything I truly love in a card - layering, texture and, of course, a fun fold! I cannot thank you enough for being our guest designer in Karen's absence!! The invite to join our fun team is always open. We hope to see you in the gallery soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie! I’ve really enjoyed my time as a GD at Creative Creases!

      Delete
  2. Carrie, what a beautiful Christmas fun fold card, love the different embossing folders used on the different panels. So pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, love the traditional red and green, and the fold looks great. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful - love the colours and the background! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic card. I love how you've played with the textures and folds. An awesome creation. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...gorgeous Christmas card and card style, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautifully done!! Thanks for joining in the fun this October at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fancy fold card, Carrie! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that red and green color combo, both bright and deep colors. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for October challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card.Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge.
    Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Carrie! Thanks for playing along with the Not 2 Shabby Mood Board.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat, IIonka
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nicely crafted! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete