Friday, September 29, 2023

60th Anniversary Dome Card

I have the privilege of being a guest designer over at Creative Creases Challenge today, and I'm sharing a very special card. I created this pearlescent white and gold dome card for my in-laws' 60th wedding anniversary. My husband's siblings and spouses are throwing them a big party to celebrate, and I'm looking forward to seeing all the extended family members who will be there to celebrate the occasion with us.

To create this dome card, I pulled out my Tonic Studios' Garden Trellis Dome Card die set and die cut some gorgeous pearlescent white card stock and gold card stock for the base and layers. This set comes with a base card die that creates the dome part by using a tab that is adhered to one side of the card, but there are another 16 dies in the set that make the inlays and sentiments. I alternated layers of white and gold and lined up the front pieces to die cut the scalloped center of the dome part of the card so that the inside of the card shows through. This card doesn't open up since the tab on the side that creates the dome shape is glued to the other side of the card. I think it would be fun to use a magnet or velcro for that tab when I use this set in the future, but for now, I went ahead and glued the tab down and then covered the tab with a second die cut of the back of the card base that I die cut and trimmed to fit over the tab. 

I added lots of pearls to embellish the card and then die cut butterflies (one is a Memory Box die, and the other three are from Stampin' Up's retired Butterfly Brilliance dies) out of the same pearlescent white and gold card stocks as I used for the card. I added gold Nuvo drops to the white butterflies and pearls to the gold butterflies for decoration. 

For the back of the card, I used a "happy" die, its matching shadow die, and the number and alpha dies for "60th" all from Top Dog Dies (they aren't in business anymore). I don't have an "anniversary" die, so I heat embossed the sentiment using Versamark ink and gold embossing powder. 

My in-laws are such a blessing! We hope they feel loved and treasured at their upcoming celebration. My husband and I are so grateful to have close relationships with both sets of our parents and to have their example of lifelong Christian marriage. May the Lord grant us many more years to celebrate special occasions with our wonderful parents!

For any other crafters who love to make fun fold projects, please check out Creative Creases and join the fun by linking up your fun folds here: https://wp.me/p4bS0N-aV0.



Top views:



Close ups:






Back of the card:




 Challenges I'm entering: 

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with butterflies (ends 10/3/23)

Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with birds, blooms, and/or buttterflies (3/3; ends 9/30/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 10/11/23)


https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/?m=1: Thing 1: Anyway you punch it (use punches or dies); I was drinking Decaf Toasted Marshmallow tea and with Toasted Marshmallow Nut Pods creamer while crafting😀. One of my all-time favorite teas! (4/4; ends 10/1/23)

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Carrie, this anniversary card is absolutely stunning! I love every loving detail you put into it and know your in-laws will, too. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer and always look forward to seeing you in the gallery! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! And thanks for having me as a guest designer!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is such a beautiful, perfect card for such a special occasion! Amazing work, it will be treasured! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card with so much detail. Thankyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dome card. The colors, the butterfly dies and embellishments are perfect for 60th Wedding Anniversary... stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete