Thursday, September 28, 2023

Autumn Thank You Card

My birthday was this past Monday, and I was so blessed by the kindness of friends and family. I've been working on thank you cards, and this one is for my daughter in the Navy who lives in San Diego. She sent me two very thoughtful gifts, so I wanted to make her a special thank you card. 

I used MFT's Snow Swirls Cover-Up Die-namics die to die cut white card stock and then I blended MFT's Candied Yams ink over it. I thought the stitiched swirls looked like the wind blowing the leaves around. 

I adhered the background to my light orange A2 card base and then die cut 2 leaves from the retired SU! Love of Leaves bundle out of some orange ombre card stock. I stamped "thank you" from a Hero Arts stamp set and "U R GREAT" from a Lawn Fawn stamp and then adhered the larger leaf with liquid glue and the smaller leaf with foam tape. 


 


Challenges I'm entering: 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 10/11/23)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3; ends 10/2/23) C10

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of All That Glitters (ends at the end of the month)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Any way you punch it (use dies or punches) I was drinking chamomile tea to help my throat. I've managed to catch a cold unfortunately (3/4; ends 10/1/23)

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Harvest Color(s) and why: I love orange for fall-themed cards because it's the quintessential fall color: autumn leaves, pumpkins, gourds...so much of nature is orange in the fall. (ends 10/4/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (1/5; ends 10/4/23)

The Paper Shelter: CAS (1/2; ends 10/4/23)

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): Inspiration photo: The fall theme inspired my fall leaf card 


18 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty fall colors, Carrie! Great texture, too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #148. -- Melanie R. - Wishing you a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, another beautiful card from your crafty hands! I love all the "stitching" on your layers... it makes we want to run my fingers across your card's surface to experience it with even more of my senses!! You are so lucky to have a loving daughter who remembers you on your birthday with thoughtful gifts. Thank you for sharing your thank you card with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna! I am very blessed with the wonderful family and friends the Lord has given me!

      Delete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday Carrie! This is a lovely, sweet and simple card, one your daughter will cherish. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dies and colour choices, and a wonderful clean & simple design. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter, and Happy Birthday for last week!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter will absolutely love this! Those leaves are beautiful and that swirl background goes perfect. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the warm colours of your card and how you used your beautiful leaves to convey your message. Beautifully done. Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter. We hope you’ll join us again next time. Have a wonderful day.
    ♥ Lena ~ DT
    The Paper Shelter
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely gorgeous card! I love the colors and all that yummy texture. Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty choice of colors and texture for your card and your stitched leaves look so pretty against the embossed background. CAS and beautiful and thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne! I appreciate all your words of encouragement!

      Delete