Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Wonderful Anniversary Card

My son and his wife just celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary, and I made them a special card using a few new crafty goodies I recently bought. I used Deco Foil Duo Transfer gel with a Papertrey Ink stencil for the background and then ran that through my eBosser with a Heidi Swapp pink glitter sheet. I used the same method to apply glitter to the die cut butterflies (they were die cut using SU!'s retired Butterfly Brilliance dies). Then I used a Tonic Studios stamp, die, and stencil set (Splendiforous Corsage) for the floral focal point. I added some glitter paste to the last layer of the stencil. Then I used my new Hero Arts' Wonderful stamp and cut set for the sentiment. I die cut several layers of the word "wonderful" and adhered the bottom 3 layers together and then offset the white layer slightly so it looks like there's a shadow behind it. I die cut the stamped part of the sentiment using a Tonic Studios die that was part of the Splendiforous Corsage bundle. 

For the inside of the card, I used some stamps from the Splendiforous Corsage set and die cut the "Enjoy" sentiment with the coordinating die. I added another glittery butterfly to the inside as a final touch. 



Some close ups:





A look inside the card:



 Challenges I'm entering:

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with butterflies (ends 10/3/23)

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: September 2023 Challenge | Hero Arts: I'll be there for you theme. I used HA's Wonderful stamp and cut set. (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends 10/2/23) C10

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 7/10 for the challenge)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of All That Glitters (ends at the end of the month)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Any way you punch it (use dies or punches) (2/4; ends 10/1/23)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends 10/3/23)

Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with birds, blooms, and/or butterflies (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card for your son's anniversary! I bet they loved it! That sparkly butterfly is gorgeous and so is all the rest of the glitter! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors, a lovely design and a gorgeous butterfly. I love it all. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karen! And I was so excited to see my name as the Gina K. gift card winner over at Word Art Wednesday today! So grateful!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love how you've played with the glitter and the texture that it has added to the card. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, María! It was fun to make this card!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, Carrie, the colors are lovely! What a special gift from the heart for your son and daughter-in-law. Thank you for explaining your technique and thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #148. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, wow, great job with your stencing, foiling and glittey background and your pretty bouquet of flowers and the add of the glittery butterflies, great dimension, you son and daughter-in-law will love it for sure. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pretty card with lovely butterflies. Thankyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mrs. A! Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete
  7. Liz, congratulations to your son and his wife on their 5th anniversary! I love all the wonderful detail of your card... from the layered die-cuts, to foiling!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble for our "any way you punch it" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful elements! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete