Thursday, September 28, 2023

You're Sweet Thank You Card

A friend of mine treated my oldest daughter and me to a yummy lunch on my birthday, and I wanted to make a fun fold card to thank her. For this fun fold card design, I followed the instructions from Iced Images video here: (1) 5x7 Pop Out Floating Panel Card - YouTube. She calls it a 5X7 Pop Out Floating Panel Card. The center panel of hers is a bit different. I had to change it to accommodate the House Mouse stamp I wanted to use. 

I created a cut file in my Silhouette Design Studio software for the card base and panels based on Iced Images' measurements, and then I chose my papers. Since the stamp I was using featured ice cream, I went with some cute pattern papers with a frozen treat theme. The pattern paper I used on the inside of the card features ice cream cones and the one I used on the back has popsicles. I'm keeping some of that popsicle pattern paper to make an "anything is popsicle" card at some point! I just love puns!

After stamping the House Mouse stamp, I colored it with colored pencils and then fussy cut it. I chose a "thank you" stamp from my stash and an old CTMH stamp with a "you're sweet" sentiment that seemed like the perfect sentiment for this sweet treat-themed card. This is a 5X7 card, but I can see trying it as an A2 card at some point now that I've created the cut file for it. 






View of the back of the card: 


Top view:


Side view:


Another view:


When the card is closed:


When the card is partially open:

 

Challenges I'm entering: 

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge (housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com): ATG with a House Mouse stamp (ends 9/30/23) Top 3 Pick 10/2/23

Anything Goes With A Fun Fold for Creative Creases #66 (secretstamper.com) (ends 9/28/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (2/5; ends 10/4/23)

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Another incredible fun fold, Carrie! I really love your little mouse and the paper is perfect coordination. Too cute! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I appreciate all the sweet comments!

      Delete
  2. Super cute card Carrie :-) I am sure your friend will love this! The image is so sweet and I love the fun fold and papers, absolutely gorgeous :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy. This is a sweet card. Love the papers you paired it with. Thanks for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I love the fold and great papers. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, fun-fold card! And the papers are perfect for this sweet Happy Hopper image. Thanks for joining the fun and sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! This is such a cute stamp to work with!

      Delete
  6. Oh I do love fun fold cards! Super papers go so well with you image too. Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. 💕Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete