Friday, September 1, 2023

Double Z Fold Sympathy Card For Creative Creases Challenge

I have the privilege of being a GD over at Creative Creases Challenge this month, and when I was looking for inspiration on a new fun fold card design to try, I saw this Double Z Fold card on Iced Images' YouTube channel. If you'd like the instructions/measurements to make a similar card, here's the link to her video: ðŸ”´ Tues 15 Aug @12.30pm UK time | Livestream - YouTube. If you do make this card or any other fun fold card, be sure to link it up to the Creative Creases Challenge here: Anything Goes with a Fun Fold Challenge #65 (secretstamper.com) 

This card ended up being very thick with all the layers I used, but fortunately I am going to hand deliver it to my friend. She has lost 4 aunts/uncles in the last 8 months, and I wanted to make a special sympathy card for her to hopefully lift her spirits a bit. 

The card base for all three Z folds bases is black card stock. Then I chose green, yellow, and purple layers for the second layer and 3 different pattern papers from a SU! designer series paper pack for the top layers. The sentiments for the smallest Z-fold were stamped onto clear sticker paper so I could adhere them over the design paper without covering too much of the pretty floral paper. 

To decorate the front of the card, I added 3 citrine-colored crystalline diamonds from Picket Fence Studios on the right side and die cut 2 floral elements from the retired SU! set Ranunculus Romance. I die cut several layers of each floral piece and glued them together for dimension. I used my Ohuhu alcohol markers to color them to coordinate with the design paper I chose. I added Diamond Glaze to the flower on the right near the "With sympathy" sentiment. I've had that Diamond Glaze in my stash for years and decided it was time to test it out! I like the shine it gives. I also added tiny gems to the flowers on the left for some sparkle. 

For the back of the card, I chose to cut one of my favorite hymns "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" as the background. I purchased a set of old hymnals when my church replaced them with newer versions a few years ago, and I really like using them as background papers.  Then I stamped "Praying for friends to comfort you, faith to uphold you, and loving memories to heal your heart" on white card stock. I adhered the sentiment with black photo corners and then added a stamp from SU!'s retired Splendid Thoughts" bundle that I die cut and colored with my Ohuhu markers to the bottom right. 

All the sentiment stamps except 1 Peter 5:7 were stamped with rubber stamps from Taylored Expressions. The verse from 1 Peter was stamped using a clear stamp from Verve Stamps. 






"Sharing in your sorrow with love and friendship"


"Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you. --1 Peter 5:7"


"With sympathy"






Challenges I'm entering: 

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (5/5; ends 9/6/23)

The Paper Shelter: Add a sentiment (1/2; ends 9/6/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; ends 9/13/23)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: ATG Thing 3: entered in Beautiful Blossoms and part of the Creative Creases DT this month (3/4; ends 9/4/23) Top 3 Pick 9/4/23

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focal point (2/6; ends 9/12/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Sparkle and Shine (2/5; ends 9/4/23)

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Feminine (ends 9/5/23) Top 5 Pick 9/12/23

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Die cut divas: ATG (1/4; ends at the end of the month)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)


The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): ATG with die cuts (including the use of electronic cutting machines) or an embossing folder (1/4; ends at the end of the month)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Carrie! Firstly, the papers you used are in my "favorite" catagory! Love how you added the sentiments to it, too! I have never heard of clear sticker paper and will have to check it out. Thank you so much for being our guest designer this month! Feel free to enter more cards in the gallery as well. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting me this month, Debbie!

      Delete
  2. How terribly sad, Carrie. You've put a lot of effort into making something extra special for your friend, and I'm sure she will feel loved. Stunning papers and fantastic design. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Carrie, awesome sympathy card for lifting up a friend... love all the patterned papers, embellishments and expecially the song verses you included... your friend will cherish this card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double Trouble, Beautiful Blossoms and Creactive Creases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful and extra special card that will surely touch your friends heart. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we hope to see more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing and creative card, Carrie. I truly love it. WOW! So glad you joined our Add a Sentiment challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Carrie. Your double z fold card is amazing and the papers and sentiments you used are gorgeous. I'm sure your friend will be touched by your kindness. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful and so intricate card! I am in awe! Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card and lovely colour palette, I’m sure your friend will love it

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card indeed! Thanks for linking up to our September challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a WOW card! I'm so sorry for your friend's losses. Your card is beautifully made and so thoughtful. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble - Crazy Cousin Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and thoughtful card, Carrie! The instant I saw the hymn, I started to sing it to myself - He lives! (I have known this hymn for my entire life.) The card is so special and your friend will surely treasure it. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #146. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie! That's a favorite hymn for so many of us.

      Delete
  12. Both cards are beautiful. The double fold card is incredible . So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge

    ReplyDelete