Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Mystery Monday Stamping Adventure Card

This week's Mystery Monday Stamping with Sharon Armstrong had a bit of a mix-up that I'm going to call a happy mistake. In her weekly Sunday email, Sharon had inadvertantly sent out clues for next week's card instead of this week's card, and so there was some confusion in the group as she proceeded to give the clues for this week's card and they didn't match the sizes of the papers we had all cut out based on the clues we had received. This might not make sense to you if you haven't tried Mystery Monday Stamping, but Sharon emails clues each week on Sunday so participants can cut out various papers to be ready to assemble a card using clues Sharon shares during Mystery Monday Stamping on YouTube. The card below features the clues that were supposed to be for 9/18/23. I just copied down the first page of clues Sharon shared onscreen and then used her example card as a pattern to make mine. I've saved the papers I had cut out based on Sunday's email so that I can make another card with those later. The way I see it, we really got two card ideas instead of just one last night 😀. 

My camping-themed pattern paper is by Echo Park, and the "And so the adventure begins" stamp is from Tim Holtz. The tent is a free SVG from Creative Fabrika that I colored using my Ohuhu alcohol markers after doing a print and cut of it using my Silhouette Cameo 4. 




 Challenges I'm entering:


TIME OUT Challenges: My card features a camping theme like in the photo (5/5; ends 9/27/23) C5
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 6/10 for the challenge; ends 9/27/23)

Snippets Playground (pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com): ATG with snippets. I used leftover snippets of orange card stock for the strips in this card as well as leftover blue card stock for the embossed background. (ends 9/30/23)

8 comments:

  1. Sweet camping card Carrie - perfect for our challenge at Time Out. Thanks for playing cards with us!
    Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate! I had fun with this one!

      Delete
  2. A super card for those loving the outdoor life.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sarn! I love the idea behind Snippets Challenge as I have so many snippets to use up!

      Delete
  3. What a fun card Carrie - I love the clean lines.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and funcard! Love the way you designed and added the pattern paper and the strips of paper! Thank you for joining us with this beautiful card, hope you will take time out to join for our ongoing challenge on Cancer Awareness/ Encouragement theme :) Hugs Ishani

    ReplyDelete