Sunday, September 17, 2023

You're The Best Teepee Card

I just want to say that I have the best mom in the world, and I'm so grateful God blessed me with such a loving Christian mother who is also an amazing grandmother and great-grandmother. I try to let her know how much I appreciate her frequently, but since I'm a card maker, I also make special cards for her on a regular basis. Last week she came up from Indiana (I live in Michigan) to take me out to a movie and then stayed the night and treated me to some shopping and eating out along with my daughter who lives locally and my daughter-in-law while my husband, sons, and soon-to-be son-in-law were away on a wilderness camping adventure. That was so sweet of her, and I definitely needed to make a special card to thank her for all the fun, so I took out my new Tonic Splendiforous Corsage stamp, die, and stencil set and got busy in my craft room! 

I've been wanting to make a teepee card for some time now, and one of the card designers I follow on YouTube and FB just posted her take on this card style, so I decided to give it a try. Her FB group is called Di's Den for Stamping Crafting and Tutorials, and the video tutorial for this card is here: (2) #195 (23)Teepee Card - YouTube. Di posts free written tutorials for all her cards in the FB group, also. I generally print the written tutorials, cut and score the card pieces according to the instructions, and then craft along with the videos the first time I make one of her cards. Thanks, Di! 

I wanted to play in the Colorful Options Challenge this month, and the color of the month is "Outrageous Orange." I used two shades of orange card stock for the base and layers and then chose shades of orange inks to stencil the flowers on the stamped image. I used the same stamp to do some tone-on-tone stamping of the teepee layers, also. I added some orange Crystal Drops and Glitter Drops from Tonic Studios for some of the detail layers of the stenciled flowers to give them a bit of dimension and shine.

The tiny die cut hearts and most of the sentiments were made with elements from the same Tonic Studios Splendiforous Corsage set, and the set comes with coordinating dies and tags to cut out the sentiments. The "You are Such a Blessing to Me" sentiment is from a Simon Hurley stamp set and was die cut with a SU! die from the Painted Poppies bundle. There's also a puffy heart sticker at the top of the second side of the teepee and a few butterflies I die cut from Papertrey Ink's Color Pop: Butterflies set. I used foam tape to pop up the "Thanks" sentiment on the front of the card, and I also used foam tape on some of the layers where I needed to hide the magnets that I used to keep the sides of the card together so the card stands up. I was debating between Velcro dots or magnets, but I went with the tiny magnets I had purchased on Amazon because I could hide them completely.  

To complete the card, I added 2 jeweled butterflies and 3 orange gems to the centers of the flowers on the front of the card.


Front of the card:

                                   


Close up of the stamping, stenciling, and embellishments:


Second side of the teepee:




Third side of the teepee:





View of the back:


View from above:




When the card is flat:






 Challenges I'm entering: 

Anything Goes With A Fun Fold for Creative Creases #66 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 9/29/23)

Colorful Options: Outrageous Orange (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 9/27/23)


Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with a stencil with the option of Fall (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG Option: All that glitters (I used some scraps of orange glitter card stock for some of the die cut hearts and some glitter drops in the centers of the flowers) (unlimited entries; at the end of the month) Rising Star Pick for 9/11-9/17

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with butterflies (I have butterflies on all three sides of the card😀) (unlimited entries; ends 10/3/23)

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: Thank you card (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends 9/22/23)

The Paper Shelter: Autumn Colors (2/2; ends 9/20/23)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focal point (1/6; ends 10/14/23)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: yellow, orange and green from the color palette Thing 3: entered Inspiration Challenge (ends 9/18/23)

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): The photo prompt includes yellows, oranges, and greens, which I have used in my card (1/8; ends at the end of the month)
Classic Design Challenge Blog:ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)


Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Colors of autumn +/or not a square or rectangle. CLOSES SEPT 30th 2023.: Colors of Autumn and/or non-square/rectangle card (3/5; ends at the end of the month)

Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with birds, blooms, and/or butterflies (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Take flight (1/5; ends 9/18/23)

26 comments:

  1. This is super cute - love the card style! Your mom sounds precious - you are very lucky to have her! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyson! Indeed I am very blessed to have her as my mom!

      Delete
  2. This is such a unique card with such pretty, bright colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melanie! It was my first time attempting the teepee fold design, but I think I will be using this design in the future.

      Delete
  3. GREAT job ... absolutely awesome and love the teepee shape! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Darlene! I'm hoping my mom will love it!

      Delete
  4. Stunning design and beautiful colour choices. How wonderful to blessed with such a treasure for a Mom. The girls outing and boys getaway is such a beautiful family image. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Linda! I've certainly been very blessed!

      Delete
  5. Wow Carrie, this is gorgeous and you've even created it in the Tonic colors. And yes, that was so sweet of your mom and it's so nice you still have her to spend time with. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at the Beautiful Blossoms and Inspiration Station Challenges. We appreciate the support!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your kind words, Donna!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card, Carrie! I'm sure your mom loved it! The details are beautiful and the fun fold looks so creative. I haven't tried this one yet. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! This one was on my list to try for a long time!

      Delete
  7. What a great project!
    We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge so
    We really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty teepee card and love that you embellished and included sentiments on all sides. Beautiful fall card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another sensational shaped card, Carrie - you have such talent for these. This autumnal, gratitude card is gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” September Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Carole! I do love fun fold cards!

      Delete
  11. A beautiful card for a wonderful mother. Thank you for sharing your fancy fold creation in Creative Creases Challenge.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rae! She's coming up this weekend, so I'm excited to finally give it to her.

      Delete
  12. Love the pretty colours you have chosen and of course the butterflies. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure your wonderful mom will love it!
    Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete