Tuesday, September 26, 2023

All Good Gifts are From Above Fun Fold Cards

The idea for these fun fold cards came from a generous SVG designer in the Silhouette Card Making and Paper Crafts FB group I'm part of. Thank you, Sabine Harris, for generously sharing the cut file to make these cute cards. If you have an electronic cutting machine and would like the file to make these cards, feel free to join the Silhouette Card Making and Paper Crafts FB group. Most designers who post free files create SVG files of their designs along with the ones in Silhouette Studio Design software. 

Now that the trees are starting to turn pretty colors and the temps are cooling down here in Michigan, I wanted to make fall-themed cards for the shut ins I send cards to, and I also wanted to make a fall-themed card to congratulate my sister-in-law on her new job, so I chose some double-sided orange card stock (solid orange on one side and light orange polka dots on a darker orange background on the other side) for the card bases. I cut out the card bases and layers using my Silhouette Cameo 4. 

To decorate the cards, I chose some retired Stampin' Up! bundles I recently purchased from my friend Debbie Mageed. Autumn Goodness had a sentiment ("All good things come from above") and stamp featuring a grouping of pumpkins, apples, and corn that I thought would be perfect for these cards. I also had some glittery fall leaf stickers I decided needed to be used after spending years in my stash 😁! I used colored pencils to color the stamp on my sister-in-law's card. If you'd like to look at Debbie's list of retired bundles, she is selling them for great prices (less than half price in most cases and with free shipping!): Bundles For Sale - Google Docs

Here's a look at all the cards together:









The sentiment die and stamps for the back of my sister-in-law's card come from Hero Arts' Congrats & Happy stamp and cut set. I die cut 5 layers of the sentiment and adhered them together for some dimension and then popped up the leaf die cut (from SU!'s retired Love of Leaves) with foam tape. I used copper and gold Nuvo emellishment mousses with my leaf stencil to create the background:


Art Impressions Blog: Fall into Fall #360 Week #2 (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com) (1/2; ends 9/29/23)

Anything Goes With A Fun Fold for Creative Creases #66 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 9/29/23)

Creative Knockouts: 2 or more pattern papers (1/2; ends 10/6/23) C10

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: September 2023 Challenge | Hero Arts: I'll be there for you (I used HA's Wonderful stamp and cut set for the die cut and sentiment on the back of one of the cards in this set. I hope that counts, but please remove my entry if the HA's products need to be on the front of the card). (ends at the end of the month)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends 10/2/23) C10

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 8/10 for the challenge)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of All That Glitters (ends at the end of the month)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends 10/3/23) Top 3 Pick 10/10/23

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with stencils--I used embellishment mousse over a leaf stencil for the back of one of the cards (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

11 comments:

  1. What a cool card fold! I love the Fall theme and the pattern paper you used. Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Fantastic Carrie. This one looks tricky. Love it! Thank you for sharing your sweet creation on the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rae! It's actually super easy with the cut file I used.

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous autumn cards, Carrie! Nothing makes me happier about losing some of my loved retired products than seeing them loved by someone else! I appreciate the shout-out. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! I am looking forward to putting all the bundles to good use!

      Delete
    2. I like shaped cards and this one looks interesting with lots of lovely colours Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much, Jaybea! Fun folds are my favorite type of card to make!

      Delete
  4. Love the fun fold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fun folds are my favorite type of card to make!

      Delete