Monday, September 18, 2023

Welcome, Baby Pop Up Frame Cards

Recently there have been several babies to celebrate among friends and family members, and I had a fun time crafting 3 new baby cards this weekend. I was looking for inspiration and found a video by Jennifer Maguire on how to make pop up frame cards. If you'd like to watch the instructions, you can view the video here: Easy Pop-Up Frame Cards! - YouTube. I immediately thought of using my new Papetry Ink Cover Plate: Mighty Jungle frame die for the frame. I die cut the jungle frame three times for each card. The first and last die cuts were just green card stock, but the middle die cut is out of a much heavier card stock to give the frame more stability. I reversed the back frame when I adhered it so that the vines go the other direction and fill in the top a bit more. 

To create the scene behind the frame, I stenciled a cloud background and cut out and stenciled some grassy hills to showcase my little jungle animal die cuts I created using my ancient but very handy dies from Provocraft. The cloud stencil is by Trinity Stamps and the grass stencil is from Maker Forte. 

I did a print and cut of the sentiment on the front of the card using the new babies' names on the two who have been born already. For the baby we are celebrating at a shower this coming weekend, the soon-to-be parents aren't telling people the name they've chosen yet, so I just wrote, "Welcome, baby" for that one. 

For the back of the cards, I used Jeremiah 1:5 to create a print and cut file using my Silhouette Design Studio software. I added the verse to some blue card stock and glued that to the back of the cards. Then I added some extra die cut animals from the same set of Provocraft jungle animal dies.

These cards are a cinch to make, and they fold flat to mail and fit in an A2 envelope. I have several A2 frame dies I would like to try with this fold in the future. 

A look at all three cards:


Each card:







 Anything Goes With A Fun Fold for Creative Creases #66 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 9/29/23)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with a stencil with the option of Fall (2/3; ends at the end of the month)


simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Favorite color: This is a tough one since I love so many colors, but green is so versatile for card making! I use it a lot with floral cards, but it's also great for jungle backgrounds like this card uses. (1/5; ends 9/25/23)

TIME OUT Challenges: Inspiration photo: This camping scene is a sweet outdoor scene with blue sky peeking out from behind the trees. My card also has a blue sky peeking out from behind the vines and is an outdoor scene as well. (1/5; ends 9/27/23) C5
No more challenges. 

10 comments:

  1. All three are adorably cute and so creative!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love a good popup card! Yours are so adorable! The images are perfect for the frames. So Creative! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! This was an easy fun fold to create!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful way to make a special baby card! Love the soft colours and special shape! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet trifecta! Perfect for the little ones. Thank you for sharing your fancy fold creation in Creative Creases Challenge.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae, thank you so much for taking the time to comment on all my cards. You are such an encouragement to me!

      Delete
  5. Wow.. amazing amazing cards! Love the playful theme and your design and lovely way to include the sentiment behind the card. Thank you for joining us with this beautiful card, hope you will take time out to join for our ongoing challenge on Cancer Awareness/ Encouragement theme :) Hugs Ishani

    ReplyDelete