Saturday, September 9, 2023

Charcuterie Board Tri-fold Circle Card

A friend of mine does charcuterie board making classes, and I've been wanting to make her a card with these adorable stamps and dies from HoneyBee Stamps for awhile now. I bought the stamps and dies with my daughter in mind since she is a manager at a cheese shop and also does charcuterie board making classes, but I'm getting extra use out of them here in this card for my friend. She's about to start her first year as a teaching leader in Bible Study Fellowship, so I wanted to let her know I'm praying for her. I'm going to be a Children's Leader in my BSF class, and I'm excited to meet my students when class starts next week. We are studying the gospel of John this year, so if you're looking for an in-depth Bible study, I'm including a link to the BSF website. There are evening classes as well as day classes and even online classes available: Bible Study Fellowship (bsfinternational.org)

To make the card base, I used a Silhouette Design Studio cut file graciously provided by Sabine Harris in the Silhouette Card Making and Paper Crafts FB group I'm part of. I chose some pretty purple card stock colors because the "marble" cardstock I chose for the charcuterie boards has a bit of purple in it. I stamped and die cut all the cute little fruits, nuts, cheeses, bread, crackers, meats, olives, and garnishes and then colored them all using my Ohuhu alcohol markers. I used Press N Seal to help me keep everything in place as I glued all the elements down. 

For the sentiment, I used Black Cherry and Big Pumpkin fonts to write: "Praying it will BRIE a great year!" Then I sized up the lettering and placed it where I wanted it on the white circle and did a print and cut of it. Besides the stamped, die cut, and colored slices of brie, pistachios, and the garnish, I also added some sparkly purple gems to embellish the sentiment panel. 




Close up of the sentiment panel:


Here's the card when laid out flat:


Left side:


Middle:


Right side:


Here's a look at the card when closed:


Challenges I'm entering: 

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold Challenge #65 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (ends 9/15/23)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG or all the glitters (I used glittery purple gems by the sentiment) (ends at the end of the month) Rising Star for the week of 9/4/23-9/10/23


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 9/13/23)


Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends 9/15/23) Top 3 Pick 9/23/23

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): ATG with die cuts (including the use of electronic cutting machines) or an embossing folder (4/4; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: Trees and/or leaves or ATG (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

Stamping Sensations: Garden delights or ATG (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (3/8; ends at the end of the month) 

Scribble Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (2/5; ends at the end of the month)

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Colors of autumn and/or not a square or rectangle (2/5; ends at the end of the month)


Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends October 10 and new challenge starts Oct. 15)

Allsorts challenge blog: ATG or use die cuts (1/3; ends 9/15/23)


digidesignchallengeblog (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.com): Die cuts and/or punches (1/3; ends 9/15/23)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)


22 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Lori! It was a fun one to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card! Absolutely love this and your creativity. Thank you so much for joining at at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how all of your card are created with a purpose and recipient in mind, makes them so special, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping September challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Brenda! I see card making as a ministry and love to encourage others with something made specifically for them.

      Delete
  4. What an awesome card, Carrie! Love the fold and your images are so cute for your friend. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're on a roll Carrie. What a great set of images and play on words. Fantastic! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases crew. Hope to see some of your beautiful work again soon.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rae! I appreciate all the kind comments!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, love your colouring and the lovely fold. I'm sure your friend will love it's made especially for her. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful concept and a very interesting presentation! Love it!
    Thanks so much for sharing this fun and beautifully crafted project with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this special shape and your design! Thanks for sharing at DigiChoosday! Christin

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea and well executed. What fun! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant tri-fold card, Carrie.
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” September Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card and a lovely take on our In the Garden theme.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete