Monday, October 16, 2023

Gospel of John Mini Album

So I just realized I had posted this album without any explanation! Oops! I'll remedy that now😁. The design for this mini album came from MayMay of MayMay Made it and So Did I. She was a speaker at the Stress-Free Holiday Card Summit I recently attended online, and she made a lovely little Christmas album that people could put Christmas photos in. I'm afraid I'm not allowed to share all the measurements because this project was exclusively for summit participants, but if you look on MayMay's YouTube channel, you will find similar projects.

I decorated the album with several die cuts, including a couple leafy die cuts on the front and back of the album that came from SU!'s retired set Blessings of Home. I bought the set from my friend Debbie Mageed who has a whole list of great retired SU! bundles at really low prices here: Bundles For Sale - Google Docs. She's even offering free shipping. 

I want to use this same album design to create some photo albums for my kids, but for this first time creating the mini album, I decided to make the theme focus on the I Am statements Jesus makes in the book of John. I chose that topic because not only am I currently studying the gospel of John in my Bible Study Fellowship class, but my best friend just finished studying it on her own over the summer. I wanted to do something special for her as a thank you for the birthday gift she gave me, so I created this album for her. I've already given it to her, and she loved it! These statements Jesus made about Himself are such words of encouragement and comfort for believers as we consider the loving and righteous attributes of our Savior Jesus.











Challenges I'm entering: 

 Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #68 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 10/27/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge: Text it (3/5; ends 10/23/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 10/25/23)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist of autumn colors (2/8; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3; ends 10/23) C10

Dream Valley Challenges: More than one fold (2/3; ends 10/28/23) C10

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with a bird, bloom, and/or butterfly (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges. 

14 comments:

  1. Carrie, this is so totally awesome. Thank you for entering it in the PIP challenge and Creative Creases.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! It was a special project for sure!

      Delete
  2. Great project, Carrie. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I have always wanted to get into mini-albums but haven't gotten up the nerve yet. If I had someone in my family that I thought would appreciate it, it would be easier for me to put the time into it. Yours is absolutely stunning, Carrie!! Such a beautiful gift! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, mini albums are so much fun! You could make one with pictures of Noah! Or make one FOR Noah that he could decorate with stickers or little drawings of his own.

      Delete
  4. Lovely project. Great colours and design. Thank you for joining us this month at A Place to Start. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How totally awesome!! I love this! Thanks for sharing this great idea with us over at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic album, Carrie. I love how you used it. Thank you for entering the Creative Creases Challenge this round.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete