Friday, October 27, 2023

Easel Card Halloween Candy Box with 4 Drawers

It's time for another fun challenge over at Creative Creases, and my GD project this time is an easel card candy box for my grandson. I saw this idea on a YouTube video by Iced Images I'll link here: ðŸŸ£✂️ 4 Way Gift Box & Easel Card (Maker Team) - YouTube. I increased the size a bit and used my Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut the 4 drawers out, but the idea is from that video, so if you want to give this a try, follow along with the video. And if you'd like to make a fun fold project, please share your work with us over at Creative Creases where it's always anything goes with a fun fold: https://wp.me/p4bS0N-b6d.

I had some fun Halloween pattern papers and stickers that I thought would be perfect for this project, so I chose those and some matching purple, black, green, and orange card stock and began the project by making the four drawers. To create the drawers, I used black card stock for the outer part of the drawer and purple for the part that pulls out. Then I adhered some pattern papers to the parts that show on the outside. Ater all 4 drawers were complete, I created the base and glued the boxes to the base. I used cardboard covered in pattern papers for the base and top of the project. This gives it good stability. 

For the easel card on top, I used green pattern paper with a solid green on one side and a dotted pattern on the other. I adhered orange card stock to the bottom part of the card and 2 kinds of Halloween pattern paper to the two sections of the top which are separated by a score line that allows the card to fold into the easel shape. I added a couple trick-or-treaters to the very top section and then adhered the "Trick or Treat" panel to the bottom section. I used foam tape on the "I want candy" sentiment to make the stopper for the easel card and then had fun using various sentiment stickers and border stickers to decorate the card. 

I ended up even decorating the bottom of the box just for fun. Then I filled the drawers with mini Snickers, Twix, 3 Musketeers, and M&Ms. I think my son and DIL may be the ones who eat the candy (or at least most of it considering my grandson is only 15 months old), but they deserve a special treat! They are doing an awesome job raising Sawyer, and I'm so grateful my favorite little guy has such amazing parents! 







With the top down:


With the card fully open:


Front:



1st side:



2nd side:



Back (the trick-or-treaters are upside down from the back but right side up when the card is closed on top):



Bottom of the box:


 Challenges I'm entering: 




Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends 10/31/23) Top 3 Pick 11/7/23

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 11/1/23)

Aloha Friday Challenge: Fall/Halloween (ends 10/31/23)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends 11/2/23)

Cut It Up (cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com): Add a sentiment (2/3; ends 11/1/23)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (6/8; ends at the end of the  month)


Get Creative Challenges: Purple, black, green, and orange (ends at the end of the month)

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge (trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com): Halloween/Thanksgiving (1/2; ends 11/1/23)

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: ATG Halloween (ends at the end of the month)

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): Inspiration photo: the theme of a family having fun with Halloween treats is perfect for my box with candy for my grandson that I plan to give him when we celebrate Halloween together at my church's Trunk or Treat event. There will be pumpkins and candy and costumes galore! (1/8; ends at the end of the month) 


{Cupcake Inspirations}: Halloween Fun (1/3; ends 10/27/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Spooky (1/5; ends 10/30/23)

16 comments:

  1. OMG, Carrie! This is the CUTEST Halloween gift box I have ever seen!! You really got my mind going for this one since SU has some gift boxes in the mini catalog, which would make this much faster for my non-Silhouette brain! Love it to bits! Thank you so much for being our guest designer for this challenge and can't wait to see your creations in the gallery as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! What a great idea to use ready-made SU! gift boxes and just attach them to a base and top to recreate this! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  2. Awesome Halloween treat box, fabulous idea, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, great job, love this makes me what to come to your house for trick/treat night. Thank you for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Have a Crafty Day!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leanne! Feel free to trick-or-treat at my house anytime!

      Delete
  4. Such a wonderful creation. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN project. I love all those little drawers. Thank you for taking the time to play with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is such a great project and one that your grandson will love! It will keep him occupied looking for treasures in all the drawers. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prachtige creatie, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic Halloween project.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete