Wednesday, October 25, 2023

O Holy Night Nativity Step Card

Each year I make 250 Christmas cards for my mom to send out, and each year I try to find a design that: focuses on Jesus, includes a fun fold, and is something I can mass produce. This year it took me 4 tries before I settled on this pretty step card design by Lori Whitlock. I purchased the cut file in the Sihouette Design Store and then sized it up a bit to fit in my 5X7 envelopes (it was originally for an A2 size card, but the great thing about cut files is that they can be resized unlike metal dies). 

Once I had settled on the card design, I then chose my pattern papers. I had some red glitter card stock that I thought looked lovely with the poinsettia papers I had in my stash, so I used those 2 patterns on the front of the card. I did a print and cut of the sentiment (the sentiment came with the step card file) and adhered that to the poinsettia panel. Then I asked my husband's opinion on the card, and he thought it needed something on the inside so that the nativity scene stood out better. I found some pretty cardstock with Christmas lights on a black background and designed a panel to fit the inside of the card using my Silhouette Design Studio software since Lori's file didn't include an inner piece. Then I cut out all the bases and layering pieces and adhered everything. 

For the back, I chose an Our Daily Bread stamp that has a lovely star and rays that says: Come let us adore Him! I try to make Christmas cards that emphasize the true meaning of Christmas: Jesus our Savior came to earth to live the sinless life we cannot, and then He sacrificed Himself on the cross to pay for our sins and make a way for sinners to be reconciled to God and to receive the gift of eternal life. Come let us adore Him indeed! 


Front of the card:


Back of the card:


Top view:


Side views:





A look at the box with 250 envelopes in it:


One of the 2 boxes of cards I gave my mom:




 Challenges I'm entering: 
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #68 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 10/27/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends 11/8/23)


ABC Christmas Challenge: U for Use it Up and V for Vertical (I used up lots Christmas pattern papers making 250 of these cards 😁.) (ends 11/4/23)

Peace On Earth Christmas: ATG Christmas (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Doodle Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (2/5; ends at the end of the month)

Most Magical Time of the Year!: ATG Christmas or Halloween (ends 10/27/23)


A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

The Paper Shelter: Favorite Color Combo: Red and green for Christmas (1/2; ends 11/1/23)


Creative Inspiration Challenges: ATG (1/2; ends 10/26/23)

Allsorts challenge blog: Autumn colors or ATG (1/3; ends 10/26/23)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (8/8; ends at the end of the  month)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

October Mood Board Card Challenge with Card Sketch (not2shabbyshop.com): I chose the Christmas theme and the red and green colors and poinsettias (on my pattern paper) from the mood board: (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

34 comments:

  1. A lovely shape and design Carrie, so nice to see cards focused on the true meaning of Christmas, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Christmas card, I love the design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carrie with the true meaning of Christmas, I bet your Mom was super pleased!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat, IIonka
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set of cards!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, the perfect fold for a perfect scene. Your card design says it all. Thank you for entering the Creative Creases Challenge this round.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Carrie, this card is incredible! Love center step cards and the thought of making 250 of them would be so intimidating. I know your mother loved them. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Debbie! My mom was thrilled with them, and I'm praying those who receive them will be encouraged by them.

      Delete
  8. Nice card Carrie! Thanks for playing along with the Not 2 Shabby Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is WOW Carrie! This is so amazing! What a wonderful thing to be able to do this for your mom and glorify Jesus too! Your cards are beautiful and will be so well appreciated. As guest designer over at Word Art Wednesday this month, I just wanted to stop over and say thank you for joining us this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some encouraging words!

      Delete
  10. Very elegant design and WOWZER! That's quite a project! Thanks for joining us at the Polkadoodles challenge this week! Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela! This was a big project for sure!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful Christmas card. Love the sentiment and the card fold you have used. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see your pretty art work back here again soon. Judy DT https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great project!
    We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge so
    We really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Carrie and what a gift of love you've created for your Mom. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an elegant and beautiful card! I love the 3D layout. Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work, Carrie! Thanks for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  16. que c'est élégant Carrie, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

    ReplyDelete