Monday, February 19, 2024

Altenew Rose Flurries Birthday Card

My son turns 23 tomorrow, and I wanted to make him a special card to celebrate! To start, I chose a white A2 card base. Then I created a blue panel just slightly smaller than the card base. On a white panel just slightly smaller than the blue one, I used Altenew's Geo Steps 3D embossing folder to emboss the background. I stamped "Have a perfect birthday" and "Love you" using my Sizzix Stencil and Stamp Tool. 

Then I arranged the florals and foliage from Altenew's Rose Flurries 3D Die Set (some I cut from colored cardstock and some I used my Ohuhu alcohol ink markers to color) and used some Glad Press 'n Seal to keep them where I wanted them as I glued them down. I decided to add some blue pearls because I needed to cover a spot where my ink smudged by the "H" in "Have." 😁Embellishments have saved the day for me on more than one occasion!






Challenges I'm entering:
TIME OUT Challenges: Birthday. Happy 10th! (5/5; ends 2/28/24) C5

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: Anything floral goes (5/6; ends 3/12/24)

Word Art Wednesday ATG  (ends 2/28/24)



8 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the embossed background and those die cut flowers! The colors are just wonderful too, Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. I love your design with the flowers in the bottom of the card -they really pop! Thank you for joining our 10th birthday challenge at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing folder has so much dimension and looks fabulous as a background for your lovely flowers, Carrie. Thanks for joining our birthday celebration at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background die is great, and your delicate flowers are very pretty. Thanks for posting at the Beautiful Blossom's Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete