Saturday, February 10, 2024

Valentine Candy Box

I recently attended a Valentine crafting class where we made the base for this little box. I took it home and embellished it with some fun layered florals and foliage (from Altenew's Rose Flurries 3D die set). I love this die set because it creates so many multi-layered roses and leaves.

To make the roses, I chose some scraps of pink and red card stock and die cut all the layers. I did the same for the leaves, again using scraps from my huge scrap collection! These dies are great for using snippets! 

I stamped the sentiment "with all my love" (from Altenew's Paint-A-Flower: waterlily dahlia stamp set) with Versamark ink on pink card stock and heat embossed it with rose gold embossing powder. It's hard to tell in the photos, but the pattern paper I used has gold accents.

For the inside of the box, I decorated the stamped heart die cut with additional roses and leaves from the Rose Flurries set. I did some surgery on some of the foliage pieces to make them fit the way I wanted 😁. 





Here's a look at the box when it's open. I added some Hershey's kisses and heart-shaped Reese's peanut butter cups:



Close up of the die cuts:


Close up of the candy 😋:


A look at the scraps/snippets I used:



Challenges I'm entering:


simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Love is in the air (2/5; ends 2/14/24)

Allsorts challenge blog: Hearts or ATG (1/3; ends 2/16/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (ends 2/14/24)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Love is in the air (I was so excited to have the perfect stamp for this! And the "love is in the air" sentiment fit perfecting in that die cut heart inside the box!) Thing 3: Used pink, red, and green from Color My Heart challenge Thing 2: Entered Color My Heart challenge (2/4; ends 2/15/24)

Color My Heart Color Dare: Color Dare #586 - Fancy Five: I used green, pink, and red for my project (ends 2/15/24)



Creative Knockouts: Love/Valentine's Day/Anniversary (2/2; ends 2/14/24) C10

Snippets Playground (pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com): ATG with snippets (ends 2/17/24) Thanks for inspiring me to use my snippets! C10

No more challenges. 



 

30 comments:

  1. Such pretty floral die cuts to decorate this gift box! Nicely done. Thank you so much for joining the Allsorts hearts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty and feminine gift box Carrie, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - a wonderful box and so beautifully decorated using your snippets.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you stop whizzing around on the roundabout I’ll see you up in the treehouse for refreshments! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous inside and out. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift box! I love how you send our colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful box to hold some special treats - love the design! Thanks for sharing with us at both Colour Dare and Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely project, especially love the inside heart with the flowers behind it. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melanie! I love that 3D flower set!

      Delete
  8. Oh my, that's adorable!! thank you for sharing at Allsorts this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous Valentine's gift, Carrie! I really love the size of the box so you can fit in more goodies! The beautiful flowers are lovely and this box will make a sweet keepsake. Thank you for sharing more of your great creations with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We always appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful way to give a Valentine gift.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoof! What a gorgeous gift - absolutely beautiful Carrie!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Di! Anything that contains chocolates has to be appreciated, right?!

      Delete
  12. Love the 3D effect of your flower and how unique this project is! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare. -Heidi M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous project this is - and so pretty! Inside and out. This is a keepsake for sure. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carrie... Beautiful box, perfectly decorated and filled with kisses. Can there be a better Valentine gift? I think not!
    Thank you for joining us for our challenge at Creative Creases. Hope to see you again soon!

    Rae in Reno
    Creative Creases DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome treat box, so much deliciousness inside and out. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete