Monday, February 12, 2024

So Blue Without You Card

My youngest daughter is in the Navy and lives across the country from our family. We miss her terribly! It's especially hard when she's miserably sick (she currently has pneumonia!), but we can pray for her and enlist other friends and family to pray for her as well. And I can make her cards of course! And send snacks! 

For this non-traditional Valentine's Day card, I started by creating a blue A2 card base. I ink blended a 4 inch by 5 1/4 panel with Stormy Skies distress ink and then splattered with some water and some white pearlescent water color paint. After it dried, I embossed it with Altenew's From Land to Sea embossing folder and adhered it to my A2 card base. 

The flowers and foliage were layering dies from Altenew's Rose Flurries 3D die set. The "you" sentiment was die cut with the Mega You die from Altenew. I did the "we're so blue without" sentiment as a print and cut using my Silhouette Design Studio software to design the sentiment and my Cameo 4 to cut it out. It looked too stark white so I blended on a bit of blue ink and adhered it to the card. I added 3 small blue beads to the 3 little flowers above the "u" in "you and then went to work on the inside of the card. 

For the inside of the card, I had some pretty washi tape that has been sitting in my washi tape storage bin for years that I wanted to finally use! I adhered it to the right side of the card and then trimmed it at the bottom. I adhered a piece of very light blue card stock to the left of the washi tape so I would have a place to write my message to my daughter. Then I added another foliage die cut from the same Rose Flurries set to finish off the card. I hope it reminds my daughter of how very much she is loved and missed every day. 








Challenges I'm entering: 

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Love is in the air (2/5; ends 2/14/24)
 

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Non-traditional Valentines (ends at the end of the month)

Allsorts challenge blog: Hearts or ATG (3/3; ends 2/16/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; ends 2/14/24)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG or no pattern paper: I didn't use any pattern papers for this card. I used ink blending, alcohol markers to color some of the die cuts, and washi tape to decorate the inside of the card (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): Monochrome (ends at the end of the month) Rising Star for Week 2

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder; twist of red and/or pinks: I used Altenew's From Land to Sea EF (2/21/24)





Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with birds, blooms, or butterflies (ends at the end of the month)


Word Power (wordpowerchallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with the sentiment as the focus (ends at the end of the month)

28 comments:

  1. oh this is beautiful. I am sure you daughter will treasure it. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely design. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your daughter, it's so hard when they are so far away. She will love this card, I'm sure it will put a smile on her face. Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. I hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Judy! I'm thankful I get to fly out to see her next week! Can't wait!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, I love the colour combination. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Liz! I appreciate the well wishes for my daughter, too!

      Delete
  5. That is a lovely card, love how you carried the design in to the inside too. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge and at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just awesome Carrie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & Can You Handle the Pressure challenges! Did you know this would also fit our latest challenge blog where the sentiment is the focus ... called Word Power (link below ... check it out!). Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip about the Word Power challenge, Darlene! And for all your kind words!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful blue Valentine for your daughter! Please thank her for her service! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly expresses your feelings and the sentiment is perfect. Sorry your daughter is ill and do thank her for her service. Arlene with Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arlene! She's feeling a lot better now thankfully.

      Delete
  9. YAY! I'm so glad you've come to share this beautifully inspiring piece with us at Word Power! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our WORD POWER challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment about entering Word Power, Darlene!

      Delete
  10. Your card is beautiful 0- I love your sentiment. Hoping your daughter gets well soon.
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” February Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderfu; card! The tone on tone is fabulous and I love how you have played with textures! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chana! And I appreciate the Rising Star pick!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful card. I can feel the love you put into it for your daughter. The sentiment so perfectly describes how you miss her and I love your monochromatic "blue" card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete