Monday, February 19, 2024

Floral Acanthus Embossed Birthday Card

I recently purchased some Crafter's Workshop stencil butter and decided to give it a try with the birthday card I wanted to make for one of my cousins. I love how the Green Pear and Lime Green colors turned out on this embossed card!

I started with a piece of light pink card stock I embossed using Altenew's Floral Acanthus embossing folder. Altenew has a lot of sets that include stencils for their embossing folders, and this Craft-Your-Life Floral Acanthus set is one of them. There are actually stencils for the embossing folder and a separate set of stencils for the coordinating stamps in this set. Lots of crafty goodies to play with! 

After embossing the card stock, I started with the stenciling. You have to be patient using stencil butter with layered stencils since it takes some time for the first layer to dry, but I love the shine on the foliage from the two shades of green stencil butters I used. Then I also added some gold Nuvo drops for the center of the central flower and used Altenew's rose gold embossing powder for the sentiment. I adhered my embossed panel to a cardstock panel whose edges I covered in gold tape to look like metallic gold cardstock. Hopefully my cousin will love all the shine on this card! 

FYI: I've also tried Nuvo's embellishment mousse and Simon Hurley's lunar paste, and I found the lunar paste and stencil butter much creamier and easier to spread than the embellishment mousse. 


Challenges I'm entering:

TIME OUT Challenges: Birthday celebration! Congratulations! (4/5; ends 2/28/24)



Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focal point (3/6; ends 3/15/24)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com):ATG with an embossing folder (ends 2/21/24)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with a stencil (ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges. 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, your stencil butter and paste are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrie this is just GORGEOUS!!! (no surprise there! lol) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN & Can You Handle the Pressure challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I have not really even considered layering pastes like that, I am definitely going to try it! It will be a good exercise in patience for me, lol. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, What a Gorgeous Card, Carrie. I also recently bought this entire set, I still have to open the seal :). I really love how you have added the lunar paste. So creative. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that stencil butter is awesome on these florals. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous floral image, and your stenciling is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining in our birthday celebration at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stenciling and colors!
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    xoxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete