Tuesday, August 8, 2023

KCC11 Sketch 15

Earlier this year, I heard about a card challenge where 6 pieces of 6X6 inch design paper were used to create 15 cards. I was intrigued and joined the Kendra's Card Challenge FB group to have access to the instructions. Every 3 months, Kendra creates a cutting guide and 15 sketches to create a set of cards with the 6 pattern papers of your choice. This is my first month to give it a go, and this card is from sketch 15 in the series of 15. Forgive me if you are reading multiple blog posts from this card series because I'm repeating the information about Kendra's Card Challenge (KCC) in each post for the 15 cards in the series. 

I recently bought a 6X6 paper pad with Christmas papers, and since Christmas in July is a popular theme for card challenges this month, I set to work cutting all 6 Christmas papers according to Kendra's guide. Let me tell you that I was glad my paper pad had multiples of each pattern because I messed up my cutting more than once! I think it will be easier the next time around, but my pro tip to you is to be sure you can give it your full attention where you are following the cutting guides for the 6 papers 😂. If you are interested in joining in on Kendra's Card Challenge, you'll find all the details here: Kendra's Card Challenges | Facebook. Something to consider that I hadn't realized before beginning this project was that there are a lot of extra pieces of cardstock required to create the cards. There are many layers to these cards that aren't included in the pieces cut for the sketches with the 6 pieces of 6X6 pattern papers, so keep that in mind. You'll want to have plenty of coordinating colors of card stock to use for your layers. 

Once I had all the papers cut, the fun part started! The card sketches can be adapted to any theme, and I found that I could use all sorts of bits and pieces from my Christmas stash. For this sketch, I used a die from Tonic Studios that has two parts: the background and the "Christmas" lettering. I used red for the lettering and a black pattern paper with Christmas greenery for the background. I used a Tim Holtz 3D embossing folder for the white layer to create the pine branches, and then I decorated the card with lots of ephemera from a 49 and Market Holiday Wishes set. 



 Challenges I'm entering:

Most Magical Time of the Year!: ATG Halloween or Christmas (4/5; ends at the end of the month)




Christmas BINGO Challenges: O Row: rectangle, patterned paper, and dry embossing (ends 8/15/23) Top Pick 9/1/23
Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder (option of nautical): (1/3; ends 8/9/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 8/16/23)

Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): ATG with option of using a stencil (2/3; ends 8/13/23)

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite: Gingham or floral and why: I prefer florals because they are so elegant and pretty! I love how there are florals for all the seasons, from poinsettias at Christmas like on my card to tulips in the spring, to daisies in the summer time and mums in the fall. So many gorgeous types of flowers to choose from! (3/3; ends 8/9/23)

Cardz 4 Galz: #204 Something Beginning with 'P': My card has a poinsettia in the upper right corner (1/3; ends 8/9/23)

Moving Along With The Times: Emboss: Wet or dry (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

18 comments:

  1. What a great card, lots of detail, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Carrie. Thanks so much for continuing to share your awesome art with us at Word Art Wednesday. You're a blessing and I appreciate you so much. Have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thanks so much for your encouragement! Have a blessed week as well!

      Delete
  3. What a great use of all the elements - they work together so very well. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created such a lovely card. I love the papers and the Christmas die is really fun. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great texture and design! Thanks so much for playing along in our special Double D and Altenew Collaboration, Anything Goes Stencil Optional Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My apologies for a late comment. I was away with no Internet. This is a lovely card and nicely designed. Thanks for joining the Cardz4galz challenge, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Johanna! Hope you were on vacation and had a fabulous time! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some encouraging words!

      Delete
  8. Hi Carrie,
    what a very wonderful Christmas card and I really like the embossing folder used.
    A grat image and beautiful foilage used as well.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete