Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Sending Hugs And Blessings Birthday Card



A friend of mine shares a birthday with my husband, and I like to make her a special card each year. This year's card design comes from an idea I saw on Lisa Curcio's youtube channel here: (1) Learn How to Make a Double Flap Fun Fold Card for Christmas - YouTube. I should have watched the video more closely as I attached my ribbon in the wrong place 😁(something Lisa mentions doing herself in the video!), but thankfully it didn't ruin the card. But I recommend attaching the ribbon under the top layer of the front flip card rather than the right gatefold edge like I did because then the smaller top card will stay closed when the ribbon is tied. 

I chose some pretty floral papers in colors my friend likes and then the coordinating cardstock colors for the layers underneath the pattern papers and used my SU! paper trimmer and scorer to cut and score all the parts of the card using the instructions in Lisa's video. 

I used Hero Arts' Blessings, Congrats & Happy, and Tulips stamp sets and dies for the sentiments and butterfly stamp on the inside of the card. The word "blessings" was die cut out of 3 layers of cardstock to create a bit of dimension and to give this delicate die cut a bit more sturdiness. The butterfly on the front of the card was created using my Todo hot foiling machine to foil a SU! butterfly die from the Butterfly Brilliance bundle. I foiled the die and then die cut it. It looks like it's been stamped in blue ink in the photos here, but in real life, the blue foil shimmers nicely. 




Here's the blue foiled butterfly die cut colored in with Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol ink markers:



Here's a look at the Todo machine and a die covered with foil and card stock in preparation of hot foiling it:


I jotted down notes on what pressure to set the machine for embossing folders and dies when hot foiling:



Here's a look at some of the butterflies I foiled:


Back to the fun-fold birthday card:


    











The butterfly stamp and "birthday" word are from Hero Arts' Floral Tulips set and the word "Happy" was die cut using the "happy" die from Hero Arts' Congrats & Happy stamp and cut set. I colored the butterfly stamp in with Ohuhu alcohol markers:





View from above:

 

Challenges I'm entering:

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: August 2023 Challenge | Hero Arts: ATG with Hero Arts' products (I used Blessings stamp and cut set, Congrats & Happy stamp and cut set, and Floral: Tulips stamp set) (unlimited entries; ends 9/3/23)

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #64 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 9/1/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 8/30/23)

The Paper Shelter: ATG (1/2; ends 8/22/23)

I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge Blog (ilovepromarkers.blogspot.com): ATG with alcohol markers (I used Ohuhu markers) (1/3; ends 9/5/23)

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Embellish It (unlimited entries; ends 8/29/23)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with a twist of leaves and/or trees (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (1/8; ends at the end of the month)



Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with butterflies, blooms, and/or birds (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Scribble Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): Birthday (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): The butterflies and flowers in the photo inspired the butterfly die cut and floral papers I used for this card (1/8; ends at the end of the month)

Papercraft Challenges (papercraft-challenges.blogspot.com): Shaped cards (unlimited entries; ends 9/14/23)

Through The Purple Haze Challenges: Diagonal from bottom right: ribbon, stamp, floral (1/3; ends 8/31/23)

25 comments:

  1. Another fun fold using these lovely papers and colours. Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project! Thanks so much for joining in this month’s challenge over at Inspiration Station!

    lovies, =o) kel
    Inspiration Station DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are so pretty and the design adds so much to the images. Thanks for sharing your lovely creations with us at the Inspiration Station Blog this month. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Absolutely awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Darlene! I appreciate all your lovely comments as I frequently enter a lot of your challenges!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Carrie - I love the design and your colour scheme is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is a fabulous fancy fold and you've created a gorgeous card for your friend. Thanks for playing along at the Inspiration Station Challenge and sharing your creativity with us.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, this is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I'm sure I'll be back again soon!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous card, Carrie! I really love all of the areas you can add details to on this and the papers you used are beautiful! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie.... this is so beautiful. From the foiled "flutterbies" to the gorgeously folded paper. Love it! Thank you for entering Creative Creases #64. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rae! I'm excited to be a GD this month at CCC!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and design - I'm sure you friend loved it.

    Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete