Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Sending Loads of Joy Card

This month on the Penguin Palace Stamps challenge blog, there's a sketch challenge. I recently contacted Sharon, the owner of PP Stamps about creating a digital stamp with a construction theme after seeing her darling clear stamps and dies in the Love You Tons set, and within a week, there was a wonderful digital set that includes great sentiments and images that can stand alone or work well with the Love You Tons set as add-ons. The digital set is called You Lift Me Up and features a crane! My son is apprenticing to become a crane operator, so I'm delighted that was included in the digital set!

For this card, I flipped the sketch on its side and created a side-fold A2 card base. I embossed the card base using a brick-themed embossing folder and then did a print and cut of the sentiment strip and bricks. I popped the sentiment strip up on foam tape. I also did a print and cut of the construction worker and colored everything with Ohuhu alcohol markers. I cut out a circle to follow the sketch and stamped a background on it using a SU! stamp from the retired Gathered Wheat set. Then I popped up my construction worker with foam tape for dimension. 



 Challenges I'm entering:
ppstampschallenge.blog: Sketch challenge 
****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (3/3; ends 9/4/23) C10


Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with a twist of poppies (2/3; ends 9/7/23)



Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; ends 9/13/23)

17 comments:

  1. How nice of the vendor providing a theme you wanted and construction man is so cute, love the sentiment and card. Fun and adorable card. Thanks for again sharing with us at Double Trouble another construction card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your kind comments, Suzanne!

      Delete
  2. Great idea for a stamp, your card is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love your take on the sketch -- thanks for playing along with the Penguin Palace challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your kind comments! I know I submitted a lot of cards for the last 2 challenges!

      Delete
  4. That embossed brick background looks like texture paste - very effective! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Alyson! I love that EF!

      Delete
  5. That's a great embossingfolder! The bricks look so real!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on your sketch and your card is so cute. Made me smile! Thanks for joining us at PIP Challenges!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute take on the sketch! I love those bricks, they remind me of legos. Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Another adorable construction scene. My great nieces would love these. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble - Crazy Cousin Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Suzanne! This digi stamp set is only $4 over at Penguin Palace Stamps, so if your great nieces like construction themes, I highly recommend this set.

      Delete