Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Tool Bag Card

I recently won the Art Impressions challenge, and for my prize, I chose this adorable tool bag and die set. I finally had a play with it last  night, and it was so much fun! I set up the stamps on my MISTI and used a sticky mat from Sizzix and then die cut a template so I can just make multiple die cuts and pop them into the MIST on the sticky mat to quickly stamp multiple sets. I think this set will see a lot of use since my husband is a licensed contractor and does a lot of carpentry work as a hobby. 

The card base for this card is a side-folding A2 card that I embossed with a woodgrain embossing folder from Theresa Collins. Then I added a panel where I stamped some of the tools from the AI set and then I colored the panel with an Ohuhu alcohol marker. I also added twine to the side of the card. I didn't add other colors to the stamps because I'm entering this card in a challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers that's called "Cream of the Crop" and requires making a card that is mostly done in cream colors. 

For the tool bag, I die cut it with the fold line just below the cut line on the handle so I could make a little mini card with the sentiment inside. Then I glued in some of the tools and added a saw to the inside of the tool bag. I was going to do a print and cut of the sentiment, but it's very short, so I decided to go ahead and cut out a small panel and write the sentiment using an Ohuhu marker. My husband loves puns, so the "The best dad I ever saw" with the die cut saw finishing the pun is perfect for him!





 Challenges I'm entering:

Art Impressions Blog: All Wrapped Up! Challenge #358 Week 2 (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com): All wrapped up (I used twine on the card) (2/2; ends 8/31/23)

👋🏼 Say "Hey" to Blitzday! Enjoy 45% off 70+ Products + a New Sketch Ch – MFT Stamps: Sketch challenge 


Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge ...: ATG (3/3; ends 9/2/23)

Stamping Sensations: Moodboard or ATG (2/3; ends 8/30/23)

We Love Stamping: Masculine or ATG (2/3; ends 8/30/23) Winner 9/1/23; email sent 9/3/23 (set of Highlight Craft dies as the prize)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; ends 8/30/23)

7 comments:

  1. Cool card! I love the texture and the way you used the tool bag. Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great masculine card Carrie and a perfect EF to compliment, many thanks for sharing another at We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful make with your prize. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete