Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Mystery Monday Stamping 8/28/23 Z Fold Card

Last night on Mystery Monday Stamping with TX Stampin' Sharon, we made a Z-fold card with the clues. If you'd like the measurements and instructions to make a card similar to mine, here's a link to the video: Mystery Stamping, August 28, 2023 - YouTube. Warning: there were several incorrect measurements given for the card design that were corrected over the course of the video, so my suggestion would be to watch the video before cutting your cardstock. 

Lately I've been trying to use up scraps of papers I've saved over the past few years (I gave some away to a family with 5 crafty daughters, but somehow I still have oodles of it!), so I decided to use the scraps from a recent card I made here Carrie's Custom Cards: Sending Hugs And Blessings Birthday Card (carriescustomcards.blogspot.com) on this card. I wanted to use SU!'s Painted Poppies stamp and die bundle, so I gathered my stamps, dies, and papers and cut everything according to Clue #1 in preparation for Mystery Stamping. Then last night I crafted along with the video to create this card. Thankfully I had some extra scraps since a few pieces had to be cut again due to the clues being slightly off in a few places. 

I colored my poppies and my foiled die cut butterfly with Ohuhu alcohol ink markers and stamped the sentiment panel with some fun stamps included in the Painted Poppies set to create a background. Then I stamped the sentiment from SU!'s Potted Geraniums onto the panel. In hindsight, I wish I had stamped that on a small piece of teal card stock and popped it up on foam tape so it stood out more, but I'll keep that in mind for next time. 

I stamped another background stamp from the Painted Poppies set in teal as a background for the purple poppy I stamped and die cut and adhered with foam tape. The decorative circle die cut is from that same bundle, too. 

I die cut a small purple border from the Painted Poppies die set and adhered it to the lower right side of the card for decoration. Then, as a final touch, I adhered the foiled butterfly and a few purple sequins to the front panel. 



View from above:


Side view:


Another view:


Close of of the sentiment panel:


Close up of the die cut circle with the teal background stamp and the poppy I stamped and die cut. I added Diamond Glaze to the inner part of the flower, but you can't really see the shine in the photos:



Challenges I'm entering: 

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #64 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 9/1/23)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (1/6; ends 9/12/23)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends 9/5/23)

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Feminine (ends 9/5/23)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with twist of leaves and/or trees (ends at the end of the month)

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com) : The pretty purple flowers and butterflies inspired the front of my card (ends at the end of the month)


Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: ATG; Thing 3: C: insect--I included a butterfly Thing 2: Entered in Creative Creases, Beautiful Blossoms, and Inspiration Station (1/4; ends 9/4/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Sparkle and Shine (I included sequins and a foiled butterfly as well as Diamond Glaze on the poppy inside the card) (1/5; ends 9/4/23)


Stamping Sensations: Moodboard or ATG (3/3; ends 8/30/23)

Allsorts challenge blog: Butterflies (1/3; ends 9/2/23)


Through The Purple Haze Challenges: Tic Tac Toe: Middle row: patterned paper, stamp, something shiny (sequins and foiled butterfly) (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge Blog (ilovepromarkers.blogspot.com): ATG/Lavender and Lace (3/3; ends at 9/4/2)

The Paper Shelter: Summertime (1/2; ends 8/29/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Bright and Cheerful (ends 8/30/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; ends 8/30/23)

 Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): Tic Tac Toe: Middle row vertically: die cuts, flowers, spots (the background for the sentiment panel has tiny spots splattered on it using a couple stamps. I hope that counts, but please delete my card if you are looking for more traditional spots like on a design paper) (1/3; ends 9/5/23) Top 3 Pick 9/6/23

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Pop Up Cards (3/4; ends at the end of the month) Die Cut Divas' Favorite 9/3/23

Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with birds, blooms and/or butterflies (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

41 comments:

  1. Carrie, what a beautiful card! I love your color palette and the fun fold you used! You mentioned how you are trying to use up your pattern paper... there are several volunteer groups in Michigan that accept scrapbooking supplies for use in making personal scrapbooks for hospice families and other worthy people. I urge you to check them out! I dropped off scrapbook paper at one here in Boise, ID and now I have more space to buy even more designs that fit me better than those 15 years ago when I started collecting, but not using them as fast as I was buying them :-D Thank you for sharing your card and the link to the tutorial with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I had no idea about groups accepting scrapbooking supplies, but that sounds like a wonderful cause. I'll have to check into that! Thanks for the information.

      Delete
  2. I love TX Sharon and your card! Thanks for entering the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! Mystery Monday stamping is a fun way to use my supplies and create a new card design.

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous colour palette Carrie and lovely Poppies and Butterfly, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful colors and a quite fabulous fold Carrie! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week and including my butterfly theme as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dena! I always love to include butterflies!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful and love the fancy fold! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous paper, images and fancy fold! I'll have to check out the video. Thanks for linking up at The Beautiful Blossoms and Inspiration Station Challenges!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gorgeous colours on this pretty card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun Z-fold pop up, Carrie! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda! I love all the fun pop ups for your challenge this month!

      Delete
  9. Carrie, your card is beautiful... love the combination of all the paper and stamped elements, excellent job for a Z-fold card. The add of C) insect and sharing your card with 4 of our previous partners has given you six chances to our random drawing... great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must have been hugely frustrating to have to recut certain pieces along the way. Your finished card is gorgeous though! So elegant and sophisticated. Beautiful colour choices. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I’ve learned with Mystery Monday Stamping to have extra supplies on hand and to relax and enjoy the process because there’s often a glitch or an unclear clue (like something should have been cut for a card in portrait orientation but it wasn’t mentioned ahead of time and I cut it for landscape orientation). But a o far I’ve always been able to fix the issue and end up with a card I like, and it’s fun to see what the design will be each week.

      Delete
  11. Wow, Carrie, this is a great fun fold card, and love that this is part of a mystery stamping event! The papers are beautiful! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! It’s a fun idea to make cards with clues.

      Delete
  12. Hi Carrie, your double z fold card is beautiful, love the butterfly with purple poppies. My scraps used to go to a local preschool to be added to the collage supplies, I also shared some with a nursing home where residents were making crafts to sell at their fete day. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea to share scraps with a preschool in your area and a nursing home, too! I’ll have to look into something similar bc I don’t seem to be able to use them at the same pace as I generate them😂!

      Delete
  13. Carrie.... your card is a perfect re-creation of the inspiration photo. Love everything from the colors to the fold. Thank you for entering Creative Creases #64. Hope to see you again soon.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card fold and lovely decorations too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous z fold card Carrie. The images are so pretty and your colouring is perfect. Love your papers too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Popping over from Double Trouble. Your card is just lovely. I think Sharon is a hoot. I'm sorry I missed this past Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne! Sharon is definitely a lot of fun! She took Labor Day off, so you didn't out this week, and if you mean last week, you were better off watching the replay after she corrected the measurements:]

      Delete
  17. Lovely fun fold card, Carrie! The colors are so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #146. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those ink spots work for me. I love the gorgeous colours you have used. A super card. thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These Z fold cards are so neat! Yours turned out beautiful and I love seeing all the angles. Pretty colors too! Thanks for joining us at double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fun design! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    My blog

    ReplyDelete