Friday, September 25, 2015

CAS Back to School Card

This card is using the same Back to School Snowman digital stamp set by From the Heart Stamps as I used in another back to school card recently, but this little guy is just so cute I had to play with him again! There's a Sunday CAS challenge over at The Outlawz each week, and this week the theme was "Anything Goes, so I thought I'd use this cute Apple paper and another of the flairs I won fromBossy Joscie last week to make this card. I tend to struggle with CAS cards. I like layers and embellishments and have trouble figuring out how much "stuff" on my card is too much for CAS. Hopefully this qualifies! There are definitely some gorgeous CAS cards out there. I just need more practice, I guess!
Using my Silhouette Design Studio software, I sized this snowman school child up and printed him out. I colored him with the new set of Copic markers my husband gave me for my birthday this morning (so excited to play with my new "toys"!), used Anna Griffin Glass Effects on his glasses and cut him out with Spellbinders Classic Ovals. I was following this week's sketch over at Viva La Verve, so I cut my background apple paper to match the size and shape of that element on the sketch. I used the "You are awesome" flair at the bottom (I'm thinking this would be a good card for my youngest to give to a teacher she likes) and added a few red candy dots on the top right. Voila!
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva La Verve sketch challenge
 http://vlvsketches.blogspot.com/
The Outlawz Sunday CAS challenge: ATG
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/page/september-inlinkz
Verve Stamps Inspiration Challenge: Autumn Lovelies
http://www.vervestamps.blogspot.com/p/inspiration-challenge.html
Happy Little Stampers CAS: coloring
http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com.au/search/label/CAS%20Challenge
Paper Smooches Inspiration Challenge
http://papersweeties.com/blog/paper-sweeties-inspiration-challenge-september-2015/
Share Joy Challenge: CAS (teacher appreciation card)
http://sharejoychallenge.blogspot.com/
Dream Factory (M,P15) #24 Fack ju Göhte

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the fun bold colors you used here! That flair is perfect for this card, too! Awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your combination of bright colours on this fun card. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet ... love all those yummy applies in the background paper! Thanks for sharing all of your work with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the little button and the image is so sweet! Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another simply adorable card! Love that apple print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is soooo cute! Very, very nice!
    Thanks again for joining us at Dream Factory!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  7. The image is sooooo cute!!!! Thanks that you are joining us a second time at the Dream Factory Challenge Blog!!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ganz zauberhaft gemacht, das Motiv ist einfach echt süß, danke dir für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik, liebe Grüsse Bettina

    ReplyDelete