Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Imagine That! "Maggie's Apples" Thank You Card

This month's Imagine That! set for the monthly progressive challenge is a versatile and cute set with an image of a cow with a bushel of apples and some lovely thank you sentiments as well as fall sayings. I needed a thank you card for a friend, so I decided to go with one of the thank you sentiments. I like how this sentiment brings to mind the verse in Psalm 23 about my cup running over.
I started by importing the digi stamp set to my Silhouette Design Studio software so I could size up and print out the elements I needed for this card. The set came with a pre-colored image, so I didn't need to do any digital coloring before printing it out. The set also came with 3 fall digital papers, and I love the apple paper I used here. I drew a rectangle with my tools in Silhouette Design Studio and filled it in with the apple paper. I also sized the sentiment to go on the paper and printed everything out.
I cut out an aperture in my Kraft 5X7 inch card using Spellbinders Gold Majesty Cirlces. What I love about these dies is that they emboss a design outside the die cut area so there's a lovely decoration around where I made my cut out. Then I used the same die to cut out my image. I put transparent cardstock (I bought this from Papertrey Ink) behind the aperture and adhered it with clear micro glue dots. Then I lined up the die cut image-side down onto the aperture, put glue tape on the back of the image, and then folded the inside card over onto it so the image would line up perfectly with the aperture.
I cut out my sentiment with my paper cutter and then used Spellbinders Long Scalloped Rectangles to cut out the mat. I adhered the sentiment with foam squares and then popped up the mat with foam squares as well. I added a little apple "paper clip" I had made using a cut file on my Silhouette and then added some sequins to give the card a little sparkle.
You can see the transparent card stock a little better from an angle.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Imagine That! Monthly progressive challenge
http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.com/2015/09/september-dotm-challengemaggies-apples.html
DL Art: Coffee, Tea or any Beverage with option of a Thank you card
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2015/09/dlart-thankful-thursday-challenge-164.html
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - 2W 2E, SIO (tab at top of page) (W2 of 2)  #168 Cut Your Cards
Artbymiran Challenge 2W , SIO, 3E, no digital projects - No.41 - (W1 of 2) - Anything Goes
Wags 'n Whiskers - 2W, 2E, SIO - No. 162 - (W1 of 2) -  Glitter/ Sparkle
Allsorts W,3E  sparkle 
Crafty Friends Challenge 2W,(W2) - something beginning with B (bushel basket)
613 Avenue Create - W - #142 Anything Goes or Women's Friendship Day and Free Sentiments
Glitter n Sparkle - W - #155 Use Punch or a Die Cut
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - 2W (1st and 3rd Sunday) E3 #18 Anything Goes   (W1 of 2)
One Stitch At A Time - 2W, SIO - #246 Anything Goes with Leaves (W1 of 2) (The apples have leaves on them)
Quirky Crafts: animal magic
http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com/
Paper Sweeties (M,P1) #35 Photo Inspiration
Card and Scrap (2W, P1/15) #103 Use Dies
Emerald Faeries Challenge (M,P1,E3,SIO) #71 Thank You
Oddball Art Stamps (M,P15, E5, Must use a digi stamp) Fall is in the Air
Silhouette Challenges (M,P1,E3,SIR) # 29 Anything Goes
Tinker- Dream (M,P15) #33 Thanks
Crafty Gals Corner -  W, E2 - #38 Sparkle and Glitter
 Little Red Wagon - W - #308 Happy Fall Y'all
Mod Squad Challenge - W, F - Sprinkle Your Sparkle
Scrapy Land Challenges -1st and #3rd Wed of Month, Must use a die sold by Scrapy Land - #26 Add An Image (digi or stamp) PLUS Use Any Brand of Die Scrapy Land Sells
WordArt Wednesdays - W,5E , scriptural word art freebie offered each week - #202 - Anything Goes
 Wonderful Wednesdays -  W, SIO -  Always Anything Goes
City Crafter Challenge  W - #280 - Fall has Arrived
Creative Card Crew 2W - #96 Fall (week 2)
Deep Ocean Challenge 2W - #113 - Autumn (Week 1)
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - W, E4, Must Be Square or Rectangular #102 Anything Goes with a twist: Color Me Autumn
Love to Scrap - 2W, 3E, F, digi or real stamping - (Week 1) Anything Goes
Verve Stamps Inspiration Challenge: Autumn Lovelies
http://www.vervestamps.blogspot.com/p/inspiration-challenge.html

29 comments:

  1. Lovely fun card I like all the buttons. Thanks for joining us at LPCF.
    Rose DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... love the apple cut out in the center of the card! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Paper Sweeties for our September challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is wonderful! Love the adorable image and gorgeous die cuts! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our "Use a Punch or Die Cut" challenge. Wishing you the best of luck in our prize draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Little Red Wagon!
    Donna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing with us at Silhouette Challenges!

    A moovelous creation(sorry could not help myself)

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining my Quirky Animal Magic Challenge! A new Challenge starts tomorrow, hope to see you there!
    ((Lyn)) Quirky DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another totally darling card! LOVE the cut out frame to have the image inside! Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice window into your lovely she-cow! I'm so glad you shared at City Crafter Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super sweet project you have for us today we are so lucky you have entered our art by miran challenge
    so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. LOve all the sequins. Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create and sorry for my a bit late comment. Hope to see you back in for our new challenge. Bettina DT Member 613 Avenue Create xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute, Carrie, and those sequins look fantastic with the fall theme! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sweet and cute card. Love that cutie of a cow ±' Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! monthly challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card! Just perfect for our fall challenge. Thanks for joining the fun at Creative Card Crew
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super sweet card and cute little image :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at ONE STITCH AT A TIME #246.

    Best wishes,

    IKE x

    DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My this is stunning. Love the apple cut and the way you did your card. It is wonderful... Thanks so much for joining us this month at Imagine That Progressive Challenge.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. This just made me smile - adorable card. Love the cow. Thanks for playing in our Mod Squad Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent here at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely thank you card. Very cool diecut! Thanks so much for entering your creation into the stamp of the month challenge over at Imagine That! Digis by Kris.

    ☺Lisa D.
    DT Member for Imagine That! Digis by Kris!
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card!! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin Kimmie WW challenge!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable card, love the design and image, fabulous work. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable cow!! I absolutely LOVE that Spellbinders die! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #26!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this one! The little cow is a real cutie, and I love the negative die cut window! I have that die and don't use it much. I've never thought to use it like this--I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us in the Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Only one word to describe this; gorgeous. Thanks for joining our "Glitter / Sparkle" themed challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers. Remember, we have a new challenge starting today. Good luck in the draw.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply gorgeous. wonderful coloring & attention to detail. Thanks for joining us for our "Anything Goes" challenge #62 love To Scrap! Challenge Blog and best of luck with this great entry.
    Irena DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the image you chose. It looks great framed with a Spellbinders Die. I have that set.
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Fall challenge
    KatieO-DL.ART DTmember

    ReplyDelete
  27. How cute!! That image and sentiments are so sweet. And that die you used it a really fun frame for your image. Thanks for playing with LTSCB. (sorry I'm so late in commenting)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, this is so cute. Love the scattered sequins. Thanks for linking up to our Autumn Lovelies challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cute little cow! And the die-cut window is so clever. Thanks for joining the bastel-traum.ch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete