Friday, September 18, 2015

From the Heart Stamps September SOTH card

I just love getting my free Stamp of the Month set from Faith at From the Heart Stamps each month for playing along with her monthly challenge! This month she created an adorable fall scene with a sweet girl surrounded by pumpkins. She included some great sentiments, too. "Hello, Pumpkin," "If friends were pumpkins, I'd pick you," "When I count my blessings, I count you twice," and "Blessings come in many ways, and the nicest come as friends." This card is for a friend with a fall birthday, so I used a "Happy Birthday" sentiment from another FTHS set.
This card is also being entered into this week's sketch challenge at FTHS, and the sketch showed vellum running behind the focal point one way and a banner running the other way. I decided to stamp some orange pumpkins on my vellum to give it a little more color and to match the pumpkin theme on the card. I used some fun orange spotted Washi tape for the banner. The card is a 5x7 Kraft card which I embossed with a dotted Cuttlebug folder for the background to go with the spots on the Washi tape and some of the pumpkins in the digi stamp. I used a frame I had in my stash to frame up my digi stamp, added the sentiment and finished it off with a few candies on the side.
By far the most difficult and time-consuming part of this card was digitally coloring the stamp with my Silhouette Design Studio software. Everything but the girl's hair was colored using different patterns and colors from my Silhouette software. I used a marker for her blond hair and the pumpkin on the far left, but otherwise I chose different patterns for the pumpkins and the girl's clothes. Since I've accumulated quite a few (several hundred, in fact!) patterns, it took me awhile to decide which ones and at what percent I wanted them. Then I did an offset cut file and a print and cut of her in 5 different sizes. I think I will use some of the other sizes on fall/Thanksgiving cards.
Here's a close up of the stamp to show the patterns a bit more.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
FTHS SOTM Challenge
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/09/02/free-stamp-of-the-month-september-2015/
FTHS I {heart} Sketches #118

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/09/14/i-heart-card-sketches-with-a-twist-118/

Di's Digis Designs 3E,2W,SIO (W2)fabulous fall colours
 Pile It On - W #86 Birthday
AAA Cards: Fall Colors with a twist of fabric 
http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/
Dream Valley Challenges 2W, 3E, C10 - (Week 1) Autumn Colours
Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet - W, 2E, must include Kraft cardstock and/or items that can be purchased at Kraft Outlet - Pick Three* (I used embossing, leaves in the image, and I die cut the stamp using my Silhouette)
Little Red Wagon - W - #307 Try Something New (this is the first time I've stamped on vellum to make a background paper)

Seize The Birthday - 2W - Must be Birthday Card (W2 of 2) - Birthday +  Topping - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Cute image and how clever to colour her in digitally. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! thanks for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Card, Carrie. The digital coloring Looks great and also your die cutting of the Image.

    Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month September Challenge and also our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 118 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just an adorable card. That was a neat way to frame her in. Wonderful fall colors. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Thursday.
    Hugs, Pat♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and so much detail! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture of the digital coloring. Thanks for playing along with us at FTHS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute Fall card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, love what you did with this darling image! You rocked the sketch challenge, too! Thanks so much for joining us at LRW Challenge this week and FTHS Sketch Challenge! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mix of digital papers, and great take on the sketch too!
    Thank you for joining in both our SOTM & sketch challenges at FTHS
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card! Thanks so much for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the patterns you chose for the coloring!
    Thanks so much for joining our team at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete