Sunday, September 18, 2022

Anniversary Card

My son's 4th wedding anniversary is coming up next week, and he asked me if I could create a special card for his wife. He told me he wanted to include a family picture (he and my daughter-in-law just had their first child in July), so I dug out my photo corners and designed a card I hope Allie will really enjoy. Beginning soon after Alex was born, I prayed for a godly Christian wife for him, and the Lord answered my prayer so beautifully in Allie! Her parents are also devoted Christians, and it's such a blessing knowing they are praying daily for my son and encouraging him in his faith. 

For the card, I started with some pretty pink shimmer cardstock and paired it with gold cardstock for the 2-step cover die layers. Then I decided navy blue would make a nice mat behind the pink and gold, so I cut out a mat and glued all the pieces together and then onto an A2 card base. The family photo was taken outside my DIL's parents' barn, so I decided to use some kraft paper that I embossed with a woodgrain folder (it's a Craftwell 8 1/2 X 11 inch EF titled "Woodgrain Cottage") to go with the barn wood theme. I stamped the sentiments for the front and the inside using navy blue ink to match the mat from the front of the card. I used a Close to My Heart sentiment for the inside sentiment because the word "Love" is in a woodgrain-type font. Both sentiments were die cut using Gina Marie Designs dies. 

Here's a look at the card and some of the supplies I used: 





The shimmer from the gold cardstock shows up a little better in this photo: 


Challenges I'm entering: 


Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Through The Craft Room Door (ttcrd.blogspot.com): ATG (3/4 ends on September 27)


Tuesday Color challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-tuesday.blogspot.com): I chose the flowers on the tea cup as my inspiration and the pink and blue colors in the picture



https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Die Cuts

Happy Little Stampers: ATG with a die (ends September 30)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (2/2 ends 9/26) Winner of Top 3 Pick 9/27/22

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the 2-weeks challenge; ends September 28)

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: September Challenge | Hero Arts: Die-lightful (use dies) (ends October 2)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3 ends Sept. 22)

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (3/3 ends September 23)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): I used Craftwell's Woodgrain Cottage EF (3/3 ends on September 21)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): (3/8 ATG ends on September 30)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of Thinking of You (6/6 ends on October 2)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option to use metal (I used gold cardstock)

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite: Metallic or Glitter Card: I definitely prefer to work with metallic cardstock over glitter cardstock when die cutting because it cuts more easily (doesn't need as many passes through my eBosser and doesn't dull my blades in my Silhouette Cameo as quickly); (1/3 ends 9/28)

11 comments:

  1. Love your card, thank you for joining the Outlawz Tue. Colour challenge and Festive Friday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card for your son to give his wife on their 4th anniversary, a lovely idea to add the photo of the young family. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card with all the love and shine on it,beautiful..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Anniversary card - I love how you have made it truly personalised by adding the picture to the inside. Thank you for sharing and for taking part in the polkadoodles digi choosday challenge. Happy Crafting! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Can You Handle The Pressure?.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful anniversary card, Carrie! I just love the die cut layering. Your grandson is such a blessing! Enjoy every moment. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can imagine how wonderful the card front is because I know that you can't catch the full beauty sometimes for the camera. I love the picture you chose too.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the September challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This s so beautiful, they will love it!
    Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card and it's such a sweet thing when your child asks you to make a card for them. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

    ReplyDelete