Saturday, September 24, 2022

Psalm 42:1 Accordion Card

This accordion card is a more masculine card than I usually make, so I think the two male shut ins on my list of people I send cards to each week will probably enjoy receiving something less floral/feminine this time around! They are good sports though and never complain about all the flowers and feminine colors I use most of the time. 

This card went through a few variations, so the base is sized smaller in the first two cards I made than in the last two. I decided to make the card taller and longer so that I didn't have to trim down the tree panels. I used mostly Gina Marie Design dies (the trees, birds, cattails, and squirrel) along with a stitched border die for the water and a deer die I don't know the manufacturers of. I embossed the tree panels with Woodgrain Cottage EF by Craftwell. I used a beautiful word art digi stamp I purchased from the Silhouette Design Store as the center focal point with Psalm 42:1. I popped it up with foam tape and used foam tape on the deer on the left panel as well. I embossed the flap of the envelope with the same Woodgrain Cottage EF from Craftwell that I used on the forest panels. 

I love to pray this verse for my children (and now my baby grandson!) that they would long for the Lord and be "thirsty" for more of Him so to speak. It's a good reminder for myself, too. Am I yearning for the Lord and making Him my highest priority? Or am I letting the distractions of this world take up too much of my time and heart? I've been involved in Bible Study Fellowship for the past 27 years, and there's a principle taught in BSF to explain the purpose of our life: Our purpose is to know God, love Him, enjoy Him, and glorify Him. I love the way that sums up our reason for being here so perfectly. When we know God, love Him, enjoy Him, and glorify Him, our soul is satisfied. May we always be thirsty for a deeper relationship with Him. 


Here's a look at all four cards from various angles and closed and opened:








Here's a close up of the verse:


Top view:





 Challenges I'm entering:

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Lets Punch it Out and optional twist of adding woodgrain and linking to Use Your Stuff's challenge (and I had several beverages while making these cards as it was a project that spanned a few days, but my favorite was the Coconut Macaron tea by Plum Deluxe with a little Toasted Marshmallow Nut Pods non-dairy creamer in it. It's like drinking a dessert!) (1/4; ends October 3)


Challenge – Dare 2B Artzy Blog: Animals (1/3; 1st Sunday of the month)




Allsorts challenge blog: ATG with option of spots or stripes (1/3 ends on 10/1)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder; optional twist of leaves (1/3 ends on Oct. 8)



The Paper Shelter: Woodland Creatures (1/3; ends on 9/27)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Card plus matching envelope (1/5; ends on 9/28)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for this week; 6/10 for the challenge period; ends on 9/28)

Twisted Thursday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com): ATG with twist of ribbon, sentiment, and 3 or more layers (unlimited entries; ends October 5) Monthly winner. Prize of 3 digis from the Paper Shelter (already received)

Happy Little Stampers: ATG with a die (unlimited entries; ends on Sept. 30)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends September 30)

Colorful Options: Beautiful Brown (ends 9/28)











14 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for joining at The Paper Shelter #526 Woodland Creature
    hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, masculine card and such a lovely thought to bright someones day. Thanks for entering your lovely project in the challenge at the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card with the browns, trees, and deer! Such a fun fold, too! So happy you shared with us that The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, I just love this fun fold and you have really made it look fun and easy to do. Great card for anyone! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful woodland scene, Carrie! And what a great interpretation of stripes, perfect for "Spots or stripes" at Allsorts challenge. Thank you so much for joining in with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, this is marvelous! I love the verse that inspired you and your card is simply stunning! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, this is one of my favorite fun folds. Thank you for entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great combination of cards you created, nice masculine cards. Thanks for sharing them with us at Double Trouble and Use Your Stuff. And wow, sounds like an interesting drink and drinking a dessert even sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie, 🤎🤎🤎 this! Thank you for sharing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Love your thoughts on the bible verse as well. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Creases

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with s at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous fun fold, Carrie! Such thoughtful cards for your recipients. The colors and textures and images have all come together for this beautiful creation. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #121.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outdoorsy card and I love your beautiful spiritual thought! I am always so much more happy when I am making God my highest priority. Thanks for playing with us at Double Trouble ! :)

    ReplyDelete