Monday, September 19, 2022

Fall Girl Reading Notebook Cover

This month at the Outlawz Progressive Challenge, we were given a digi by Star Stampz titled "Fall Girl Reading." It's a lovely digi that I thought would make a sweet notebook cover. I think I may use this notebook to keep track of the books I've bought for my grandson so I don't buy any doubles when I'm at book sales or ordering online. My memory isn't what it used to be!

I printed the digi onto some lovely cardstock that I cut down to fit the notebook cover. I liked the cursive writing on the cardstock, and the color gives the digi an antique look I love. I chose some lettering from a few different sets and then colored the digi using colored pencils. I found a few leaves in my embellishment stash to add a bit more texture to the cover. We'll pretend they are blowing over from a nearby tree since they don't match the leaves on the tree in the digi. 😉In hindsight, I wish I had colored the fallen leaves in the digi in fall colors rather than using green. I'll try to remember that for the next time I play with this digi. 

If you'd like to join the fun and receive a free digi, you can contact The Outlawz staff to let them know you'd like to play along. Just send them an email requesting the progressive stamp of the month. The email is: outlawzprogressivechallenge@gmx.com.


A close up of the left corner to show the lettering on the cardstock and the words I chose:




Challenges I'm entering: 

Progressive freebie challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-freebie.blogspot.com)

Outlawz Challenges: monthly linky

Paper a la mode challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-saturday.blogspot.com): Fall into an Adventure

TFJB Challenge Blog (frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com): Back to School Top 3 Pick 9/26/22

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Little critters (small dog in digi)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3 ends on 9/26)

Through The Craft Room Door (ttcrd.blogspot.com): ATG (4/4 ends on September 27)

Word Art Wednesday:ATG (4/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge period; ends on September 28)

Art Impressions Blog: It's Fall Y'all! Challenge #336 (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com): It's Fall, Y'all (1/2 ends on September 27)

Stamping Sensations (sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com): Feminine

14 comments:

  1. A very delicate looking feminine card, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect cover for a fall journal/notebook! Great idea to keep track of the books; it will also be fun for him to see later when he remembers the books from his childhood! Such a creative idea! So happy you shared this with us at The Outlawz Paper à la Mode! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful notebook cover. I love your idea. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely coloring! What a great idea. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! ~Janna FTJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely image- colored so subtly with perfect elements of fall and heading off to school! Thanks for playing along with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Thanks for entering in the Funkie Junkie Boutiques Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great coloring! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Carrie, thanks for playing at the Outlawz progressive challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carrie. Your art is always so inspiring and creative. I'm so super grateful every time you stop by to share your amazing talent with us. I appreciate it a lot as well. I hope you're having a blessed week and that you'll stop by again soon.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks perfect for your notebook, love the image and how you embellished it. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations!
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your page has a really aged and delicate look! Love the soft colors! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Progressive/Freebie Challenge! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the perfect image to go with your theme, it is a great idea to make a notebook to keep track of the books you are buying too.

    Thank you very much for your lovely project with our freebie this month.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥

    DT For The Outlawz Progressive Freebie Challenge

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those word elements! Perfect for this image! Thanks so much for entering our Progressive Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
    Cara, The Progressive Freebie Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete