Monday, September 19, 2022

The Funkie Junkie Boutique Back to School Challenge Project

This post is all about trying something new! I've been wanting to participate in the Funkie Junkie Boutique challenges, but I haven't gotten up the courage until now! Vintage/shabby chic is unusual for me, but I liked the Back to School theme and thought I would give it a go. In fact, this is my second entry! 

First, I searched my cardstock collection to see if I had any papers that had a vintage feel to them. I found some 12 X 12 cardstock as well as a lovely 8 1/2 X 11 acrylic sheet with the antique colors I was looking for. I had some cardstock with elements like keys, pocket watches, and children's silhouettes as well as another sheet that had some tags I cut out that went with the theme. I liked the old-fashioned pocket watches and keys, so I decided on a "Time to learn" sentiment as well as "Unlock your mind" which I felt went well with the learning theme. I added some twine to the tags and a vintage post card under the "Time to learn" sentiment. My husband laughed when I kept the Scrabble letters after tossing out an old Scrabble game, but I knew they would be good for just the right project! 







Challenges I'm entering: 

TFJB Challenge Blog (frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com): Back to school Random $25 gift certificate winner and Top 3 Pick 9/26/22

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3 ends on 9/26)

Paper a la mode challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-saturday.blogspot.com): Fall into an adventure (learning is an adventure!)

Word Art Wednesday:ATG (455 for the week; 5/10 for the challenge period; ends on September 28)
 

7 comments:

  1. Great project, Carrie! I'd say you are well on your way into the world of 'vintage' with this project! I agree, Fall and learning are definitely adventurous; so happy you joined us over at The Outlawz Paper à la Mode Challenge! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Scrabble letters are just the perfect touch! Yes, they make fun of the things we hang on to, but we know better than they do, lol! I'm so tickled pink you worked yourself up to joining in on the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenges !!! We're so glad you came to share your creative makes with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are entering our challenges. This is perfect for the theme! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous vintage/shabby layout! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice LO! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Outlawz Saturday Paper A La Mode Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project!

    Thank you for joining us at PAM Challenges!
    Val - DT

    ReplyDelete