Sunday, September 25, 2022

Fall Slimline Thank You Card

It's my birthday, and I'm having a great time today playing with a Stampin' Up stamp and die bundle called "Fond of Autumn." My son recently asked me what he could get me for my birthday this year, and this is what I asked for! It came last Wednesday, but I didn't break it out until today!

I'm playing along with a few challenges while also getting some much-needed thank you cards made. I try to use card challenges as a way to try new ideas/themes, and this time I thought I would try the challenge at Let's Squash It to make a card with only 2/3 of the card being embossed. Using a slimline card worked great because my standard A2 EF (Stylized Leaves by The Paper Studio).

I colored the stamps with Copics and used Wink of Stella on the sunflowers.







Here's a look at the supplies for this card:




Challenges I'm entering: 

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Use a rubber or clear stamp (no digis) and markers



https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Card with matching envelope (2/5 ends on 9/28)

fourseasons (thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com): Fall 

Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with Dies: ATG with dies (ends 9/29; unlimited entries)

Twisted Thursday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com): ATG with option of the twist: ribbon, sentiment, and at least 3 layers--I used twine around the sentiment, included a sentiment, and used foam tape to pop up my third layers (the sentiment and the acorn stamp grouping)

Let's Squash It!! (letssquashit.blogspot.com): Fill 2/3 of the card with embossing

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 8/10 for the challenge period; ends 9/28)

Sweet Stampers Challenge: Add a sentiment (5/5; ends 10/8)

8 comments:

  1. So beautifully done! Love how you layered the image and the burgundy card base is so perfect for a fall themed card. Fabulous embossing folder too! Thanks so much for joining us at Four Seasons challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty background for you fll images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fall card! Great embossing adding beautiful texture and the colors are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embossing two thirds looks great on the slimline proportions, lovely autumnal card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you! I love that you kept your special gift until the day, and that you got to spend your birthday doing something you love. This is so beautiful. Lovely florals and the embossed background is beautiful too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for entering the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful leaf embossing folder and great idea to use a slimline card. Love this. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your colour choice and the embossed card! Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Corinne
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete