Thursday, September 29, 2022

Friendship Card

Over at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge, the theme this time is "Friendship." This theme really resonated with me because I have been so blessed with wonderful Christian friends throughout my life. This is a great opportunity to thank them for all the encouragement and prayer support they've given me. I actually did a series of friend-related cards using a few different card styles, so I'll be posting those soon, but I wanted to do one that seemed more in line with the Funkie Junkie Boutique style, so instead of my feminine floral cards, this one has some different elements than I usually use. 

To create this card, I used a Tim Holtz die for the top right corner and then added some cardstock to the inside of the card to make the die cut section show up a little more. I used some fun paper that has the look of handmade paper with leaves and flower petals in it and embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder. Then I stamped a Close to My Heart grunge-style friendship stamp on tan cardstock and die cut it with a Gina Marie Designs stitched oval die. I added some burlap-style ribbon behind the sentiment (which I popped up using foam tape) and then adhered a metal decoration to the bottom left of the card.   

Front view standing up:

Lying flat: 


Close up of the sentiment and burlap ribbon:


Cuttlebug folder and close up of the cardstock with leaves and petals in it:


I'm entering the following challenges:

TFJB Challenge Blog (frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com): Friendship (1/3; ends October 4)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends October 12)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (1/5; ends on October 5)


Allsorts challenge blog: ATG with option of spots or stripes




Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: September Challenge | Hero Arts: Use a die (unlimited entries; ends October 3)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Emboss it (the sentiment on the card front was embossed with a Cuttlebug leaf EF) (4/5 ends October 3)


 

6 comments:

  1. A lovely Autumnal feel, thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the use of burlap, it's such a great addition for fall themed cards! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I’m loving that embossing on such pretty paper!! The delicate cutout corner is a very cool idea and balances out the harshness of the burlap trim & metal pice. Well done!
    Thanks so very much for sharing this with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! Love the embossed background with the beautiful layering of embellishments. Thank you for sharing this with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card! Love the beautiful embossing in the background. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! ~Janna TFJ DT

    ReplyDelete