Sunday, September 25, 2022

Slimline Sending Thanks Card

My birthday is today, and I've been celebrating all week! My favorite birthday gift was my daughter's arrival this past Tuesday. She's in the Navy but was able to get some leave days, and she surprised me while I was out for my morning walk. It's been wonderful to visit with friends and family and play euchre, Rook, Catan, etc. and take some day trips together while she's been home. We especially enjoyed our trip up to Petoskey earlier this week. Then tonight we're having 14 family members over to celebrate my birthday and Emily's visit! I feel so blessed! 

I've received some other lovely gifts, also, so I thought I would create a few thank you cards. This card was created with the My Favorite Things sketch, color, and slimline card challenges in mind. Blues aren't typical fall colors, but I like a challenge! I thought using my Craftwell Woodgrain Cottage EF (it's so versatile being an 8 1/2 by 11 inch folder!) would help set the background for the fall theme in this month's slimline challenge at MFT. The sketch incorporates two partial circles staggered the way I have them here, so I used a new die (one of my sons asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and then bought me the Fond of Autumn stamp and die bundle from Stampin' Up, and I allowed myself to play with it for the first time today even though it arrived a few days ago!) that cuts a pretty pattern that you can either cut into the paper without it coming out (like I did here) or use an outline die to cut the pattern out of the paper. I then used Gina Marie stitched circle dies to cut out the pretty pattern as a background for my stamped and die cut acorn/leaf clusters from the same SU set. The sentiment is also from the set and comes with a matching die. 

Since the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is to make a matching envelope for their challenge this week, I used the acorn, leaf, and "Thank you" stamps from the same Stampin' Up set to decorate the envelope. I need to make matching envelopes more often as I think they add a special touch. 




Challenges I'm entering: 


https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Card with matching envelope (2/5 ends on 9/28)


Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with Dies: ATG with dies (ends 9/29; unlimited entries)

Twisted Thursday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com): ATG with option of the twist: ribbon, sentiment, and at least 3 layers)



Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 7/10 for the challenge period; ends 9/28)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Punch it out (use dies or punches); woodgrain, combine with Use Your Stuff; also, my beverage of choice as I was creating this card was Caramel Brittle Puerh tea from Plum Deluxe with Caramel Nut Pods non-dairy creamer. So yummy! (2/4; ends October 3)

Use Your Stuff: UYS #467 Woodgrain / Double Trouble Collaboration: Wood or woodgrain (I used a woodgrain embossing folder) (2nd entry; ends October 2)

7 comments:

  1. Well it sounds like you had a great birthday, and believe it or not I have been to Petoskey many times when I was young! Love the color combination of your card, very nice fall card! Thanks for joining us at Four Sesons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of your embossed woodgrain and then the neutral colors of your die cuts... very pretty slimline card. Belated Happy Birthday and keep celebrating for the balance of the month. What a wonderful surprise with your daughter's visit. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble along with your drink, and Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue woodgrain background with the leaves. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday. I love the unexpected color of the woodgrain. Thanks for sharing with us at Us Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely slimline and I really like the colors. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this slimline card! Thanks for entering the Stay Crafty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete