Sunday, September 11, 2022

Fall Leaves Thank You Tags

 I recently had a FB Norwex party to earn money towards buying a Norwex mop for my youngest daughter who is in the Navy and moved off base into a house last month. I love my Norwex mop and wanted her to have one for her rental house, so I thought I'd have a party and stock up on a few essentials, too. I wanted to thank my friends who made purchases to help me reach my goal, so I made some special tags to put on homemade blackberry jam for the ones who live locally. I have wild blackberries that grow on my property, and I make about 4 batches of blackberry jam every summer. I thought it would be a lovely gift. For my friends in other states who participated in my Norwex party, I will send thank you cards. 

For the tags, I cut them out using a Gina Marie Designs stitched banner die and then stamped the "Thank You" sentiment and some small leaves on the tag. I used a Paper Studio embossing folder (called "Leaves") to emboss leaves on the tag after stamping my sentiment and leaves. Then I added some chipboard sentiments/illustrations from a fall-themed chipboard set. I created a spot for the ribbon by using a hole punch and then used some brown ribbon to attach the tags to the jam jars. 

For the thank you card, I created a banner-shaped card using the same Gina Marie Designs stitched banner set I used for the tags but in a larger size. I cut out a banner for the front and then made the banner-shaped card by placing a piece of folded paper just inside the cutting edge of the die on the left side. I adhered the banner to the front after stamping and embossing it. Then I added a chipboard circle with a leaf cut out. For the inside of the card, I stamped another sentiment and added a chipboard leaf after inking the edges to make it stand out a little more. 

Here's a look at the tags on the jams as well as the thank you card:


Close up of one of the tags: 


Close up of the thank you card:


Close up of the sentiment on the thank you card:


Inside sentiment is "You're so appreciated": 




Another photo of the tags:


Some of my supplies: 






Challenges I'm entering: 

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3 ends September 15) Top 3 Pick 9/16/22


Outlawz Challenges: Monthly linky for Paper à la mode entry


https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Stamp It

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Stamp It

We Love Stamping: ATG with stamping as the focal point

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): ATG with option of Fall (4/4 ends at the end of the month)

Colorful Options: Beautiful Brown (1/2 ends at the end of the month)


Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): Use an embossing folder + option of fall

Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with Dies: ATG with dies (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)


The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of Thinking of You (3/6 ends October 2)

InspirationStation (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): I love the leaves in the inspirational photo! Such a beautiful fall image! My tags and thank you card use leaves to create a fall theme, also. (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

21 comments:

  1. I'm sure that your blackberry jam is delicious and will be so appreciated :)
    Lovely banner-shaped card and tags in neutral colours
    Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping September challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice! Everyone was delighted with the jam when I gave them out!

      Delete
  2. Such a wonderful gift! Love the tags with the embossing and other fine adornments. Thank you for sharing this awesome project with us over at The Outlawz PAM Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley! I usually only make cards, so it was fun to make a tag and be able to participate in the PAM challenge this time!

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful display of tags and cards. I love the simplicity of them. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday and Inspiration Station Challenges.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a creative idea with your fabulous tags, I imagine the thank you gift was well received, how thoughtful! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Diane CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Colorful Options}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! Homemade jam is definitely a treat, and I think everyone was delighted to receive a little gift and thank you.

      Delete
  5. These are fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us at Colorful Options! Good luck! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, what a great project! These are the perfect Fall tags for your yummy blackberry jam jars! Wonderful colors, embossing and designs! So happy you shared with us at The Outlawz Paper á la Mode! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katrina, thank you so much for all your encouraging comments on my posts! It's great to be back participating in the Outlawz challenges again.

      Delete
  7. Your tags are a perfect touch, they look wonderful on that jam you made! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, thank you for the kind words and the heads up on the stencil challenge. I'm looking forward to trying that one out next month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Sandra! They were fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very thoughtful gift and such cute tags to present! Thanks so much for entering our Crash your Stash Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    Cara, The Crash your Stash Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tags and cards. Your local friends are going to be so grateful for your homemade jam. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas in our "Anything Goes with an option of Autumn".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet project indeed!! Thanks for playing along our September challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project. I love all the details - embossing, stamping, dimensions. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete