Friday, March 22, 2024

Embossed Thank You Card

A good friend recently spent an afternoon with me when we hugged, cried, shared our favorite scriptures of comfort, and prayed together while mourning my nephew's death. Priscilla has been a dear friend of mine for about 30 years now, and I am so grateful for all the times we've spent both celebrating and grieving together and always encouraging each other in the Lord. Christian friends are one of God's best blessings. 

To make this card, I smooshed some Distress ink onto water color cardstock using an acetate sheet to smoosh down the ink where I wanted it. I made an 8 1/2 X 11 inch panel, so I can get 4 backgrounds out of it. For this one background, I trimmed the panel to 4 X 5 1/4 and embossed it with Altenew's Cupped Blossoms 3D embossing folder. Then I stamped "thank you" using Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Grand Carnations stamp set. I adhered the panel to a piece of black card stock that I trimmed to 4 1/8 X 5 3/8. Using foam tape, I added that panel to a top-folding A2 card base I made from matching purple card stock. For a final touch, I added a few purple Nuvo stone drops around the sentiment. 





 Challenges I'm entering:

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 8/10 for the challenge; ends 3/27/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Easter or Spring (3/5; ends 3/27/24)


613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist of diamonds or pearls (ends at the end of the month) Top Rocker March 17-23

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist of embossing (1/5; ends 3/21/24)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of square cards (ends at the end of the month)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3; ends 3/24/24) C10


12 comments:

  1. Carrie, your card is lovely. Purple is my favorite color...especially with black. It's great that the embossing folder left a smooth corner to stamp your sentiment. A friend who grieves with you and comes along side of you for support and encouragement is wonderful, indeed. Proverbs 18:24. Thank you for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karen! And I appreciate so much your kind emails last month and the encouragement I found in the verses you shared.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, fabulous embossing and colours.
    Than k you for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love good ink smooshing...Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those purple stains on the background are awesome. I love the effect you've created with them. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Maria! Ink smooshing is so much fun!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you had the opportunity to spend time with your friend, especially in this trying time. Your card is lovely and I'm certain she loved it. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, this is so pretty. I love the color. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Em! Ink smooshing is so fun!

      Delete