Friday, March 29, 2024

3-Panel Mother's Day Card for Creative Creases #79

It's time for a new challenge over on the Creative Creases blog where it's always anything goes with a fun fold project. For my Guest Designer card this time, I chose a 3-panel card design I saw on Connie Stewart's YouTube channel here: 3 Panel Card Tutorial: How To Make Unique Card With Personality! (simplysimplestamping.com).

I still had some lovely design papers from Stampin' Up that I wanted to use, so I chose some matching card stocks in yellow and purple and set about following Connie's instructions for making the card base and the small 3-panel card that goes on the front of the base. All the measurements are in a download Connie provides here: 3 Panel Card Tutorial: How To Make Unique Card With Personality! (simplysimplestamping.com).

After I trimmed and scored all my layers, I added a bow and then did some stamping and die cutting for the sentiments and the florals on the back of the card. All the stamps I used are from retired SU! sets except for the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment which is from a retired CTMH stamp set. I've neglected my pretty SU! supplies recently and want to do better about using them. If you'd like to check out some great deals on retired SU! products, see my friend Debbie's list here: My Secret Sale - Google Docs.

To finish my card, I added a trio of soft yellow sequins to the front. I think my mom will really love this card. She deserves something very special since she's the most phenomenal mother, grandmother and great-grandmother! I also need to get busy on making a Mother's Day card for my sweet mother-in-law and one for my daughter-in-law who is an amazing mother to my grandson. How blessed I am to be surrounded by so many godly Christian moms!

Please join us with your fun-fold creations over at Creative Creases Challenge #79 here: https://wp.me/p4bS0N-bDT










Here's a look at the back of the card with the sentiment: 
"Thank you for the lifetime of love you've given me."




Challenges I'm entering:

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 4/10/24)




Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with twist of use an embossing folder (3/3; ends 3/3/24)

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Fun Fold and Why: I love this new fun fold because it lets me use so much lovely pattern paper! There's a lot of real estate on this card design, and even the back can be used!(2/3; ends 4/3/24)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of square cards (7/8; ends at the end of the month) Rising Star Pick for week 4 of March 


 


March 2024 Mood Board Challenge (not2shabbyshop.com): Moodboard: Florals inspired me (ends at the end of the month) Winner 4/2/24: Llama stamp set ordered and received
No more challenges. 

17 comments:

  1. This is a great fun fold design. I haven't seen it before but I am definitely going to try it out. You created such a pretty Mother's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary! I can’t wait to see what you make with this design!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful fun fold card, Carrie! Love that you made one of my favorite designer papers that SU has ever made the showstopper. I will have to check out the tutorial! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I’m sure you’ll make something amazing with this card design!

      Delete
  3. Just GORgeous! I LOve your design and such pretty colours. FAB design too.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Carrie. I love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm very grateful for you and the art you share in our challenges. God bless you, and please stop by again soon.
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful Mother's Day card, Carrie. I love this paper with it's beautiful watercolor flowers. You've used it perfectly! Thank you for your continued inspiration and being one of our Guest Designers.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie this is so pretty! I love the use of the WC paper and the fun fold is great! I will have to give this a try!

    Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty floral card and a great fun fold. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing fun fold, one I must try!! Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. So elegant and snappy card. Love the design. Thanks for sharing it at Polkadoodles challenge blog.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete