Thursday, March 28, 2024

In Him Was Life, and the Life Was the Light of Men Card

I recently came across a new-to-me fun fold card design on Connie Stewart's YouTube channel and decided to try it out. It's called a 3-Panel Card, and you can view the video here: 3 Panel Card Tutorial: How To Make Unique Card With Personality! (simplysimplestamping.com)

This set of cards is going to the shut ins from my church to whom I try to send cards regularly, and I chose the Word Art Wednesday word art of John 1:4: In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. I appreciate the beautiful verses posted at Word Art Wednesday every 2 weeks and have used many of them in my cards. For this card, I imported the scripture to my Silhouette Design Studio software and then made a print and cut file of the verse. I also made a cut file for all the pieces to make this card using my Silhouette Design Studio software so that I could make multiple cards quickly. I simply followed Connie's measurements to create all the elements using the software. Then I used my Cameo 4 to cut out all the pieces. 

To go with the theme of the verse, I chose some pattern paper I had in my stash that features lamps on one side and stripes on the other. I used the striped side as a layer on the card base and used the lamp pattern side to decorate the panels of the smaller card adhered to the base. 

For the first card, I added a ribbon like Connie Stewart did in her tutorial on this card design, but for the rest of the cards, I decided to leave off the ribbon so the card would be easier to mail. 

To finish the cards, I added a white panel on the back of the cards to write a personal message. 



When the card is open:


Close up of the verse:


A version without the ribbon for easier mailing:


A look at several of the cards together:


The back of the cards:


Challenges I'm entering: 

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite fun fold and why: This 3-panel fun fold card is great because it has so many panels to decorate! I love that I can add a ribbon to close it or leave the ribbon off, and the back is a great place to write my message. (1/3; ends 4/3/24)
 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends 4/10/24)




TIME OUT Challenges: :Stripes (I used striped pattern paper on the card base) (1/5; ends 4/15/24) C5

No more challenges. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of cards! I especially love the color scheme you chose. Very stylish. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nonni! These were fun to make!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sends cards to shut-ins, Carrie, although I prefer to call them homebound. Your card design is wonderful with the stripes in the background and scripture in the middle. Thanks for sharing your cards with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words about my cards, Bobby! And I like the idea of using the term "homebound!" Thanks for sharing that.

      Delete