Thursday, March 14, 2024

Lily Sympathy Card

This sympathy card combines a few Altenew sets. The lilies and leaves on the front of the card are from Altenew's Craft-A-Flower Stargazer Lily die set. I water colored the lilies and leaves with Altenew's watercolor brush markers. I highly recommend them as they are highly pigmented and make water coloring a lot less intimidating for me! The "sending you love & hugs" sentiment is from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life Bewitching Rose set. The yellow die cuts behind the lilies are from Altenew's Linear Crossroads die set. I die cut two of them and arranged them behind the florals. The black background panel was embossed using a brick wall EF from my stash. 

For the inside of the card, I used my Silhouette Design Studio software to create a print and cut of the "It feels like Friday, but Sunday is coming" sentiment. I adhered that to my green A2 card base and then stenciled and die cut a design from Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Nature's Magic set and adhered it to the white panel to finish the card. 







Challenges I'm entering:

Snippets Playground (pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com): ATG with snippets (I used snippets for my yellow linear die cuts, the embossed black background panel, and the white card stock for the stenciled floral on the inside of the card) (1/1; ends 3/15/24) C10


Allsorts challenge blog: Yellow or ATG (3/3; ends 3/16/24)

 Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 3/27/24)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with twist of use dies (4/6; ends at the end of the month) Honorable Mention 4/3/24

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: A bit of green (2/5; ends 3/18/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: A bit of green (2/5; ends 3/20/24)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an optional twist of add some bling

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): ATG (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

Inspiration Challenge March 2024 with Emily Midgett (altenew.com)



 No more challenges. 

18 comments:

  1. Third time lucky!

    Gorgeous card Carrie! Love the lilies - so perfect for snippets. Oddly enough I've been wrestling with Altenew's Lily stamps and dies set here today. Not the easiest to use for sure - should have gone for this set of dies methinks.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di, I have found that using my stamping platform is really helpful. I die cut the flowers and leaves from some card stock and use the negative space to align the stamps for each layer. I do quite a few at once while I've got everything out, but I know what you mean. I do think the dies are easier to work with.

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Carrie. Those flowers are gorgeous and I really like the pinks you used. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Word Art Wednesday. Please stop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Lilies Carrie and they sit so nicely against the trellis die backing, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beautiful pink lilies are showcased brilliantly by the black card with the yellow die cut mesh.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later - it's too wet for the swings or slide! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarn! I'll bring some cookies to share in the treehouse!

      Delete
  5. Your lilies are perfect on that black background with the yellow grids. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lilies, on the black background they really 'pop'!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is stunning! Thanks for playing along our March challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, you are so talented. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karen! And thanks so much for reaching out to me recently. It meant a lot.

      Delete
  9. The flowers are beautiful and make such a lovely card. So glad you joined Die Cut Divas challenge of Anything Goes.

    ReplyDelete