Friday, December 23, 2022

2023 New Year Card

This new year's card features a free digi stamp from Gerda Steiner Designs. You can pick it up here: 2023 Freebie! - Gerda Steiner Designs, LLC (gsd-stamps.com) if you're still working on new year's cards. Aren't those penguins adorable?! Thanks, Gerda!

To make this card, I started with my new MFT cover-up die Snow Swirls. I actually cut it out twice and cut off the bottom of both die cuts so I could then use some stitched snow hill dies on the bottom of the die cuts to make the little snow hills on the card. For the top part of my die cut, I ink blended some blue ink with my new ink blending brushes to make a sky scene. 

Using my Silhouette Design Studio software, I sized up the digi stamp so it would fit on the A2 card front and did a print and cut using my Silhouette Cameo 4. Then I had fun coloring the little penguins and stars with my Copic and Chameleon alcohol markers. I adhered all the parts to the card front and then stamped "Happy" from a Hero Arts Happy Birthday sentiment and trimmed off the "birthday" part and made it into a banner that I adhered with foam tape. 

I appreciate all the dedicated DT members of the numerous challenges I participate in and the wonderful encouragement you leave me, so I'd love to send you all a new year's blessing. I love this blessing from Numbers 6:24-26: 


The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
 the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.



Challenges I'm entering: 


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; ends Jan. 4)

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Use markers and a die cut (ends Jan. 2)


My Time To Craft! (mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com): Non-Christmas December holidays (ends Dec. 28) Top 3 Pick 12/29/22

My Time To Craft Christmas!: New Year's Cards (ends Jan. 5)




CD Sunday Plus Challenge (cdsundaychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with something from a CD, USB, or digi image (I used a Gerda Steiner Designs digi stamp) (1/3; ends Dec. 24)

Dragonfly Dreams (dragonflydreamschallenges.blogspot.com): Anything but Christmas (ends Jan. 1)

Stamping Sensations (sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com): Anything stamped (2/3; ends Dec. 28)

We Love Stamping: I love using my new ink blending brushes! I created the blue background using them for this card (3/3; ends Dec. 27)






Krafty Chicks Challenge: All Occasions (ends Dec. 27)


Festive Friday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-friday.blogspot.com): Christmas, Celebrate, Use Silver, Something New (New Year) (1/3; ends Jan. 5)



613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (3/8; ends Dec. 31) Top Rocker Choice for last week of December 

Critter Crazy CHALLENGE BLOG (2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com): ATG with a critter as the focus (Ends Dec. 25)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends Dec. 26)

Creatalicious Challenges: ATG with option of CAS Christmas (2/3; ends Dec. 30)



Mirtillamente Challenge (mirtillamente-challenge.blogspot.com): Winter or Christmas (2/5; ends Dec. 27) Winner 1/1/23 Emailed 1/1/23 and haven't heard back yet (1/7/23)

17 comments:

  1. A fun card for the New Year, I like your snowy scene.
    Merry Christmas.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie: Thanks for linking to MTTC's New Year's theme!!! The penguins are super cute and the swirl stitched lines along with your subtle blue creates a snowy scene! Well done! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for double-dipping/linking at our sister blog's MTTC's other December celebrations!!! Your card is fantastic! There's a lucky friend or relative of yours that will get wonderful happy mail!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous image Carrie, and so beautifully presented on this fabulous, textured card.
    Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping
    Christmas blessings to you and yours
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real fun Christmas card, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping.

    Happy Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Carrie. All good wishes for 2023 to you from us.
    Carol XX
    Cd Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun card Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks for joining Passion for markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, love what you did with that image! I better get going on mine or it will be to late to use it. Thank you for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks! (And for the inspirstion!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, love it!! Thank you for joining the Outlawz Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute card, love those little penguins!

    thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable, Carrie, what a fabulous image! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft, and Happy New Year!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great New Year card, I love it!
    Very best wishes for the New Year.
    Thanks for joining us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! and your die-cuts look fabulous. Thanks for sharing at PFM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute image and a great little scene.

    Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun idea for a new year card! Love the stitching in the background. Thanks for taking part in our Dream Factory Challenge. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete